A Conversation for Mountain Biking

the Bikes itself

Post 1

Yossarian

Could anyone please tell me, why these mountain biking people do love their bikes so much that they keep them overnight in their rooms, sleep next to them, carry them 4 floors upstairs and other crazy stuff like that?

I have never before met a guy behaving that strange.
I mean, it's just a bike!

the Bikes itself

Post 2

The man in the shack

When that hard-earned, fine tuned and well loved machine gets nicked by some pond debris or other and sold for thirty quid, as bikes of mine have been, you do tend to form a paternal bond with your steed.
Yes I admit it, my rockhopper resides in my bedroom as well. My last one got wheeled out of my hall by some chancer in a tracksuit three days after I bought it.
But it's not as if we get up to bizarre and ungodly acts with the headset or the bottom bracket in the dead of night.

the Bikes itself

Post 3

Slartibarffast

Speak for yourself - I like a nice firm headset in the middle of the night myself....

the Bikes itself

Post 4

The man in the shack

And I bet you've got a real quick release...

the Bikes itself

Post 5

The man in the shack

...and rapidfire. Or perhaps you prefer the gripshift technique...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more