A547742 Adge Cutler and The Wurzels

Post 1

Katherine Selby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A547742

Post 2

Lodestone - join the Debating Society at A643925

Nice article...

One thing though - Italicise all those song titles - learn Guide ML!

Post 3

Jamie of the Portacabin

Yes indeedy! This entry would look so much better in GuideML - but it's excellent nonetheless. smiley - smiley

You can find out about GuideML at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A155701

It's really not that complicated when you get into it. smiley - winkeye

I must admit that I have only ever heard 'combine harvester', and it was this that attracted me to your entry. But I've certainly learnt many things I never knew about the Wurzels...

You'll also need to remove the little personalised bit at the end to get this into the edited Guide. As I said, damn fine entry though! smiley - smiley

Post 4

Katherine Selby

Thanks to both of you for your comments and helpful suggestions. I was expected to be laughed at for writing about such a subject, so your kind words are much appreciated. I've put a few things in italics, and updated the last few words with some new information I got recently. Hope this has improved it. It's my first time so go easy on me smiley - smiley

Post 5

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

"Combine Harvester is being re-released on June 8th 2001" - that was yesterday!

The German 'Wurzel' means 'root' - is there any particular meaning to be connected with that?

ceterum censeo, this one is ready for the Guide!

Post 6

Pheroneous

Pheroneous enters, wearing his scouts hat (and little else, sadly!). This is an excellent little entry. I like it. I have reported my likes in *hushed tones* another place, and they liked it too. Soon you will hear from the Guide editors. After that you have to be patient, very patient sometimes, but eventually, your entry will be edited and placed where it belongs. Well done. Congratulations. More please!

Congratulations!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Post 8

woodywoodswoodgate

yes there is a connection between wurzel and root in english a wurzel is quite like a swede and taste like a turnip you can also check out my entry to the wurzels & adge cutler just type it in youll find it

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Aah, thanks! smiley - smiley

Hey, you managed to write an entry on your personal intro page... tstststs! There's a link at the bottom of the page which reads 'click here to add a new entry' - use this to create a new entry, then copy&paste smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Adge Cutler and The Wurzels

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more