A Conversation for The Film that Moved You Most and Why

shawshank redemption

Post 1

Wolfmonkey

I don't tend to pay much attention to movies, so when I watched the Shawshank Redemption I thought it was generally okay. Then at the end when realization dawns on what he did, I laughed. Afterwards i thought about it, and I laughed again. I laughed even more than I did when I read Mostly Harmless. I laughed even more than I did when I watched the Holy Grail. That moment was the single funniest moment of my life, though I haven't found anyone who agrees with me on the humour in that movie. Anyone on h2g2 agree?

shawshank redemption

Post 2

stupify

Sorry.. what's funny about it?

shawshank redemption

Post 3

Wolfmonkey

i dunno, i'm just weird

shawshank redemption

Post 4

retorical

Throughout my life I've been inspired by films that make me want to improve myself, and this story of a man who draws on his sheer inner strength and resources to withstand the atrocities he does is truly inspiring - particularly his evolutionary pursuits while in prison, which in a strange way surpass the outcome...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more