This is the Message Centre for Peta

Test to find out if you a racist or homophobic...

Post 21

Jimi X

smiley - boing
(I've never used that smiley in a naughty way before! smiley - winkeye)

Oddly enough the lovely Mrs X is away for the weekend camping with our eldest daughter and the girl scouts. So it would appear we're both home alone... smiley - cuddle

Post 22

Peta

She hasn't gone to Vancouver has she? *smiley - yikes

What a pity we're on different continents Jimi. If not, I'd ask you out for a nice warm beer down the pub tonight. My latest favourite is 'The Grove' which is a very friendly local place, does great food, good ale and has blazing log fires. One day, huh? smiley - smiley

Post 23

Jimi X

Of coourse, if you were over here we could go to Guido McNeill's which at the moment is my favourite local watering hole.

I think you might enjoy a traditional Irish-Italian pub serving dishes from the best of both worlds. smiley - smiley

And my little one loves their hot dogs because they fry them with butter and carve the kid's name into the side before serving. She really gets a kick out of that!

Post 24

Peta

Irish / Italian - only in America! Sounds a wonderful mix!

What's Guido NcNeills like? I've been to a few American bars, but never really been to one with anyone local, or I guess, to anyone's local.

Post 25

Jimi X

It's in an old tavern on the town square. The bar itself is rather small, but they have smiley - stout on draught as well as Harp and a few tasty local beers.

It is predominently a restaurant, serving a mixture of Irish and Italian dishes - shepherd's pie and sausage in a vodka white sauce over angel hair pasta. Plus a bunch of unique sandwiches and fun munchies. They also have several kinds of rotisserie meats.

The family that owns and runs the place are Itallian, but on a vacation to Ireland, they fell in love with the food and the idea of a local pub for their hometown and blended it all together.

Post 26

Whisky

Mina, I think we'd better leave quietly and let these two get on with it...

Post 27

Peta

smiley - smiley

If Jimi ever makes it over to my local - you two are definitely invited too! *hugs*.

Wouldn't it be great if we could suddenly zap into someone elses' local, where ever they were in the world? Maybe one day!

Post 28

I'm not really here

I'd already left!

I will be waiting for my invitation with baited breath. smiley - winkeye

Post 29

Jimi X

I saw an advert for $54 flights to London but they were one-way...

So if I would magically appear on your doorstep some day with now solid plan for returning home, you'll know why! smiley - winkeye

Post 30

Peta

Ooo, that's really cheap!

No plan to remove home? No problem! I'm sure we could find lots of really devoted Hitchhiker fans to put you up for a while. You are a complete devotee to the god that is 42 are you not? smiley - winkeye

smiley - biggrin

Post 31

Jimi X

Behave! smiley - winkeye

Post 32

Peta

smiley - laugh

smiley - smiley

Post 33

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I have a spare bedroom for any wandering hootoo travellers.smiley - ok One condition, they'd have to accompany me to a viewing of the Hitchhiker's film...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more