This is the Message Centre for Peta

Test to find out if you a racist or homophobic...

Post 1

Peta

I found this really interesting. I found it via the 1xtra site.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/uk/selectatest.html

It's a test to find out if you are racist, homophobic, ageist etc

I did the homophobic one...

The tests are all about your reaction times to various images and words. I found it quite hard to do, because I think that initially I was confused and was trying to associate the words with one group or another - it's actually based on your reaction times.

I'd be interested to see what anyone else thinks, do you come out of it how you think you are, is a good test, or not? I think I'll try the ageist one next, I *surely* can't be ageist!

Post 2

Jimi X

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE relative to STRAIGHT PEOPLE

Which is odd because I didn't think I would...

Post 3

PeterG

It's a harmless bit of fun, but don't take it too seriously. I did the ageist test twice. The first time I entered my age as 75. The result was 'Inconclusive - The 'inconclusive' result means only that, for one of several possible reasons, the data produced in your test were ones that cannot be interpreted confidently with regard to automatic associations.'

The second time I entered my age as 25. This time the result was: "Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Young relative to Old"

My true age is 75. smiley - smiley

Peter

Post 4

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

yes mine are inconclusive, that because I have an exelent middle brain which is neither female or male, or visual or analitical. A very bad test for me because I get them right.

Post 5

I'm not really here

Oh well I tried it and didn't understand the instructions. So when I went back to try to start it again it congratulated me on finishing it. Which I hadn't. smiley - blue

I don't really care to know I've decided. I didn't like some of the questions - I don't have feelings towards 'gay people' and 'straight' people. They're all just people.

Post 6

I'm not really here

I got over my snit and did it again - "Your data suggest little or no automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE relative to STRAIGHT PEOPLE"

See? I told you. smiley - silly

Actually I had the hardest time putting words like painful, agony and humiliate in the 'bad' section, because to me that's playtime! smiley - biggrin

Post 7

lol! I used a block with alternating groups, each word/picture was not linked in my mind to the last and asumption of the next was supressed.

I think they're just trying out a new method of testing, I don't think it works too well though, I did like the who should you vote for test, a number of labour voters on my other forum have considered switching to Lib Dem because of the results. (one even anwsered the questions as if he was a Daily Mail reader and it came out Conservitive/UKIP just to prove it wasn't a ploy)

Post 8

Whisky

Did the patriotic/nationalistic test yesterday - it told me that I actually preferred the USA to the UK smiley - yikes

(Apologies in advance Jimi, but they got it wrong there smiley - winkeye)

Post 9

hehe, sounds like fun.

Post 10

Jimi X

smiley - laugh
Mina, when I saw words like agony and humiliate in the 'bad' section, I thought of you and that you might struggle with them...

And Whisky, no worries there. I actually prefer Pennsylvania to the USA on the whole. smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Peta

So we can put you down for prefers gay people and Pennsylvania then Jimi? smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Jimi X

And beautiful women with unusual first names. smiley - smooch

Post 13

Whisky

smiley - yuk Stop creeping up to the boss you!

smiley - nahnah

Post 14

Jimi X

Jealous?

smiley - envy

smiley - laugh

Post 15

I'm not really here

"Mina, when I saw words like agony and humiliate in the 'bad' section, I thought of you and that you might struggle with them..."

My fame gets everywhere! They don't seem to have taken into account that some people might be predudiced against certain words! I did the race one as well, and apparently I moderately prefer black people. That could be true - when I was young my mum did a lot of fostering, and they were mostly black babies, so I grew up wanting a black baby because I thought they were cuter. And I always think that white is such a boring colour to be.

But really, I don't see how it can be true - as already noted I really stuggled to put some words into the bad section which would influnce it. Especially when they started adding 'hurt'. That's a good word! smiley - bruised

Post 16

You don't have word duality? I have two feelings for words, one is how I feel the other is for how others 'genraly' feel. this is to make sure I don't start conforming in any way shape or form, but to limit the amound of offending I do.

hurt is emotional any how.

Post 17

Peta

Gosh!

Isn't Jimi *the* most gorgeous man on this website? smiley - smooch

smiley - winkeye

Post 18

Jimi X

smiley - loveblush

I noticed that a certain globetrotting, long-walking former editor wasn't online when you said that. smiley - winkeye

Post 19

I'm not really here

"You don't have word duality?"

No I'm not that clever. I can barely remember that I don't 'sew' seeds I 'sow' them. So I'm not going to do very well on words that are much more important (and fun).

Post 20

Peta

LOL! *hugs*

He's actually nearer to you than to me at the moment. He's in Vancouver strectching those walking legs - so the coast is clear for a while. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post