This is the Message Centre for Peta

Working at Wimbledon today!

Post 1

Peta

I'm working at Wimbledon Tennis today! The BBC run a stand to talk about their interactive service, and I've been rota-ed to go down there and talk to people about what we at the Beeb do.

If you're down there come by and say hi!

Apparently I'm going to be wearing a fetching BBC T shirt. smiley - winkeye

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

buys plane tickets....

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - envy

Get me Tim Henman's autographsmiley - grovel

smiley - tongueout

Oh, and wave to any cameras.
I'll be glued to the tv all daysmiley - cdouble

*waves*

Have a great day, Peta!smiley - biggrinand keep drysmiley - winkeye

smiley - tennisball

Post 4

Jimi X

Photos! We demand photos!! smiley - smiley

That's really quite cool Peta. From virtual Wimbledon to the real thing. How far you've come!

Of course I still like our version better...

smiley - borgsmiley - tennisball

Post 5

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - borgsmiley - cake

Post 6

Demon Drawer

smiley - borg

You CANNOT be SERIOUS!!!!!

smiley - winkeye

Post 7

Jimi X

smiley - borgsmiley - strawberry

Post 8

Peta

Back again!

Wimbledon was great! The sun shone all day!

I was on the stand with a very nice designer from BBCi - showing people how to use the red interactive button on BBC.

We met some very nice firemen, who came to say everytime they passed us, and they had a friend on one of the Gates on Court No1 - and he really kindly let us slip through to watch a bit of tennis, so we both managed to watch bits of Greg Rudeski's match on court one. Very sad that he lost, be we particularly enjoyed the bit when he took off his shirt and had a massage on the court. smiley - winkeye

I also nearly bumped into Martina Navratalova (sp!) as she made her way across to centre court - I didn't realise she was there until I heard all these people shouting, "Martina, Martina" behind me. She looks very fit, and to me, she's a real tennis star!

I didn't see Tim Henman in person, getting onto centre court was a bit too much of a challenge, but I did watch a bit of the match sitting on Henman hill eating an ice cream.

It was a lovely day out of the office... Back to work again now though...

Post 9

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Lucky girl!smiley - biggrin

And you were *working*, you say?

smiley - bigeyes

smiley - borgsmiley - tea

Go Tim!!!!!!smiley - tennisball

Post 10

Mina

One of the few days it didn't rain! Lucky!

Henman hill?

Post 11

Peta

Oh yes, GB - working *very* hard! smiley - borgsmiley - strawberries

Henman Hill? Nice large grassy knoll in front of *huge* TV screen, it's where all the Henman fans sit during his games. Does that about cover it GB? Have you been yourself?

Post 12

Ormondroyd

Glad to hear it went so well, Peta! smiley - strawberries

Your mention of Martina Navratilova reminded me of the h2g2 Guide Entry I wrote about her in 2001 (A594434). I updated it last year when she won her 20th Wimbledon title and I'm sure I put the new version (A1101600) through Peer Review, but the 2001 edition still seems to be the one in the Edited Guide. In any case, it could probably do with a further update at the end of this week to include her return to singles competition, and maybe another doubles title this week: Martina's playing and winning in the ladies' doubles as we speak!

What *is* the best way to get updates dealt with these days?

Post 13

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

It's all explained over at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/UpdateForum ...

Whoami? smiley - cake

Post 14

Ormondroyd

smiley - ta, Whoami?

Martina and Lisa Raymond are through to the ladies' doubles quarter-finals, so here's hoping for that record-breaking 21st title! smiley - ok

Post 15

Peta

Hi Ormie,

I think Martina is fantastic. smiley - magic

How old is she nowadays? She must be way older than the other players? Good for her! smiley - ok

Post 16

Ormondroyd

Martina's 47, and now beating people who weren't born when she first went to Wimbledon! She's playing in the mixed doubles today. smiley - borgsmiley - tennisball

Post 17

Peta

Wow - 47! That's amazingly cool!

Post 18

Ormondroyd

I'm following Martina's results in the two doubles tournaments very keenly, and I'm really hoping to be able to update my Guide Entry with news of a record-breaking 21st Wimbledon title for her. It's such a rare treat these days to be able to cheer on a sportsperson who's even older than me! smiley - biggrinsmiley - strawberries

Key: Complain about this post