This is the Message Centre for Peta

My colleague, friend and fellow host Doug

Post 1

Peta

Doug: Points of View Host It is with very deep sadness I have to inform you all that one of the hosts of the Points of View board, Doug, passed away suddenly last week, on Wednesday. He was 27 years old. Doug's postings can be seen on his discussions page, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/MP1564650 Doug was a close personal friend to me, the other Points of View hosts and the programme Production team - as well as to many people within the New Media department and across the wider BBC. We will all miss him terribly. He was a truly great bloke. Whether you know him from the Points of View message board, or whether you knew him person, he will be greatly missed. For him to die at such a young age makes this news all the more tragic - We'll miss him so much, I'm devastated. I'm sure you will be able to join me in passing our thoughts and deepest condolences on to Doug�s family and friends at this very sad time. I hope to be able to pass on some of the messages in the Points of View thread below on to Doug's family. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/F2131439?thread=3705507 I'll miss you so much Doug. :-(

My colleague and fellow host Doug

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - rose

smiley - cuddle

I'm so sorry for your loss.

smiley - sadface

Post 3

Peta

Hi GB -

Thank you. I'd posted to your journal, about the reading, about ten minutes before I heard about Doug's death, which is also why I didn't reply to your text on the phone, I was at home feeling very very sad. He was such a nice guy, who had more than his fair share of hard things to deal with sometimes, so very sad for him to go so young. smiley - sadface

I was thinking of you earlier too - I hope everything goes well tomorrow. smiley - hug

Post 4

Thank you

smiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddle

27, what an age, what a huge gap for his family and friendssmiley - hug

How strange out of 80-odd postings that we would choose your tribute for Dad's reading (he'd have loved it)

Following Dad's funeral at the Crem tomorrow at 11:40 is a funeral for a 21-year-old man who fell in the River Freshney last week after a night out. smiley - sadface

Post 5

Peta

I'm really honoured GB. I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow. smiley - cuddle

Post 6

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Dear Peta,

Deep sympathy to you and your friend Doug's friends.

How tragic to pass away so young.

Peace to him and deep sympathy to his family

Christiane AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 7

Group smiley - cuddle such tragedy

smiley - peacedove

Post 8

J'au-æmne

Peta I'm so sorry smiley - hug How awful for you, his friends and family... My husband's 27, and we feel like we have our whole lives ahead of us still.

smiley - rose

Post 9

BDG

Peta

I'm so sorry to hear this terribly tragic news smiley - rose

With much love to you, your colleagues and Doug's family and friends.

Will be thinking of you all.

Becky XXX

Post 10

Peta

Thanks j'au-æmne,

We're all so shocked, he was posting on Tuesday, while on leave, and then we heard the news on Thursday. I was just stunned. smiley - cry

Post 11

Peta

Thanks Becky,

I'm going to take some of the posts to his family. I'll miss him, he was my team mate. smiley - sadface

Thanks...

Post 12

HappyDude

My condolences smiley - sadface

Post 13

Peta

Thanks Happy Dude. smiley - cuddle

Doug's funeral is on Sunday. I'll be attending, along with a few of my colleagues. smiley - sadface

Post 14

Peta

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/F1951566?thread=3643703&skip=0&show=20#p42679152 Daft, but logical.

Post 15

pamelamaesteg

Sorry about your sad news smiley - rose Pamela smiley - dragon

Post 16

Jimi X

smiley - rose

That's far too young. My condolences to you and your team.

Post 17

Peta

Thanks Jimi,

We're so shocked. He was a great friend to me and I'll miss him so much. smiley - sadface

Post 18

Wendy RedredRobin

What a shock!

My deepest condolences to all who mourn the untimely loss of Doug smiley - star

His name was one that stood out with capability, understanding and warmth on the POV boards.

Post 19

Snailrind

So sorry to hear this news. smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more