A Conversation for Ormskirk Nightlife

A534133 - Ormskirk, Lancashire

Post 1

PeZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A534133

This is brilliant, it is about the town i live in called Ormskirk, and has all of the information that you need, even including how to get there! So go and have a look at this historical town!!!

Thankyou!

Post 2

Deano (Keeper of lemonade)

Hi! What about mentioning Edge Hill University. I'm a student there and it's great! You could give Ariba, Disraeli's and the other pubs a mention aswell. There's 5-Ways too, and the other restaurants eg Le Frog as well. I'm no scout but I thought I'd throw a few ideas for you to chew over in your mind. Hope it helps!

BTW, are you a student at the uni?

Post 3

Martin Harper

Is this the same Ormskirk that is continually mentioned on the Chris Moyles show on Radio One? smiley - smiley

Post 4

PeZ

Ooh - must change it, forgot about all of those brilliant places. Thanx for that. And, although i don't know, it probably is the one mentioned on Chris Moyles Radio One show, as it IS the only Ormskirk in the UK and I don't think there's one anywhere else. Ormskirk used to get mentioned a lot on the Big Breakfast.

Post 5

PeZ

I have updated this entry to use GuideML, it should be easier to read now.

I was wondering, since i'm under 18 and can't go in to the pubs etc., if you (U102376 - lemonade...) would write a bit on the pubs etc. Oh, and you could write a bit on edge hill! It would be great if you could, I would include them with full credits. Hope you will! smiley - ok

Post 6

PeZ

Ooh - and more 2 u "lemonade..." - you could also do a bit on five-ways and Le Frog If u want 2. Lots of credit to you throughout it if you do. Hope you can! smiley - angel

Post 7

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi! I was trying to be a good little scout, and went to read your entry. Unfortunately, you seem to have used GuideML or something to alter the text size, making it too big for me to read comfortably. As any changes in text size/color/font will need to be removed before the entry can go into the edited guide, I'd suggest going ahead and doing so now. When/if you do, let me know, and I'll give the entry another look.

Mikey

Post 8

I've started writing a guide entry on 'Ormskirk night life' on my user page. You could link your entry to it for the finished product if you like, or just take the bits you like and put them in your entry accredtied to me. I'm in the middle of my exams at the moment so finding time to write this entry is difficult. Please bear (or bare!) with me and I'll complete it as soon as possible. Go check it out if you like. Any pointers that you can give from 'off the grape vine' would be useful. Ta for asking me to do it.

Post 9

PeZ

That's a good idea. I'll do a link there from my entry. Thanks a lot!!! smiley - cool

Post 10

PeZ

Thanks for that Mikey, I'll get to it straight away, I'm getting a bit confused using GuideML, I'm starting to get the hang of it now though. Thanks! smiley - ok

Post 11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A536627

There you go. That's the link, but it's not finished yet. I'm on to it though. Little more time until after exams. Ta.

Post 12

Zak T Duck

You will be pleased to hear that both of these entries have been reccomended for the edited guide. Congratulations. This thread will soon move out of peer review and the entries gain the hallowed status of recommended. You will be contacted by email once the combined entry has been edited and is ready for entry into the edited guide. Please be patient though as there is a bit of a queue.

Congratulations again!

Congratulations!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Post 14

Researcher 179645

ormskirk gets mentioned on chris moyles/big breakfast because a blonde haired clown called johnathan culshaw used to live there.he was 2 yrs above me at st bedes and mates with me brother. i hate chris moyles with a passion and dont get up until richard and judy so have little first hand knowledge of johnathan's musings on ormskirk, is he funny???? i hear he does impressions

Post 15

You went to St. Bedes? Want to write about it and contribute to our guide entry? Go for it!

Key: Complain about this post