This is the Message Centre for munky

Hello!

Post 1

Jenn (ACE)

another american, good to see more! (i'm from chicago)
anyway, i am an ACE (assistant community editor), sent here to meet and greet you and assure you that you are in good company here at h2g2. so welcome! look around, see what you can see and remember: share and enjoy!
if you ever have any problems, please feel free to come to me with them (i may not be able to fix them myself, but it can do my best to find someone who can!)
some useful pages you might want to visit:
www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/team - this is the h2g2 team.
www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A155909 - this is the page for all the smilies
www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/welcome - this is a good place to start.
www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/187229 - this is for GuideML, h2g2's html.
www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/aces - this is the ace's homepage!

once again, welcome to h2g2! please feel free to stop by my page and drop me a line if you want!
smiley - fairy
jenn

Hello!

Post 2

Shea the Sarcastic

Yeah! The Americans have to stick together around here! smiley - biggrin I'm from New York, myself ...

Don't feel too much pressure to contribute, munky ... nobody's keeping score! smiley - winkeye I lurked around for almost a year before I contributed an Entry!

Take care, munky!
- Shea smiley - angel

Hello!

Post 3

munky

Okay, so I suck ... taking 3 weeks to remember to log back on and all! Thank you much for your kind welcome, and I shall remember to pester you with my questions. I'm sure I'll have many of them when I finally get myself put together and sit down and actually start doing the things I'm planning--imagine that!

munky

Hello!

Post 4

Shea the Sarcastic

No, you don't suck ... you're just so horribly busy IRL that you couldn't come back ... it's a good story, if you'd like to use it ... smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 5

munky

Heh. I actually have one in the works. Printed out all sorts of useful information for notes ... It's just a matter of getting myself to actually write it.

It's a lot like the research papers we all have to do for school: I love to do the research, but the rest is just work. smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 6

Shea the Sarcastic

Exactly! smiley - biggrin

I just had a big paper due at school. We were told about it at the beginning of the semester. I waited until 2 days before it was due to actually sit and write it!

And if you're writing here where there's no deadline ... fuggeddabowdit! smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 7

munky

I once had to do a paper/presentation in high school for one of my classes. We were supposed to be learning about public speaking or some such nonsense. The assignment was to choose a topic, write a paper, and then present it to the class. Simple enough, right?

So, I get to class one day, and my teacher calls my name. I was stunned. I'd completely blown it off--and it was a major portion of the grade for that term. Oops.

It turned out well, in the end. I got up in front of the class, stared at them all for a moment, and then did what I'm best at: BSed. I just ... made up a story and "acted" it, from the first person point of view. And then I went back to my desk and hurriedly scribbled it out so I could turn it in at the end of class. Didn't fool my teacher, obviously, since she saw me writing it down, but I still got the best grade in the class, for that particular project. My teacher's main comment was that she was impressed with the way I managed to improvise my way so convincingly through the presentation. smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 8

Shea the Sarcastic

I'm deeply impressed, munky! I bow to your superior BS skills! smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 9

munky

I once told a co-worker that I had a BA in BS. He disagreed. He told me I had to be at least a PhD. If I recall correctly, that was right after I helped him update his resume. You can make any job sound good, if you just word it right ... smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 10

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - laugh

You could start a new business, you know ... you could make a bundle BSing resumes!

And add the PhDBS behind your name ... you've earned it! smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 11

munky

I can see it now: Dr. munky, PhDBS. I should go have business cards printed! smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 12

Shea the Sarcastic

It's a thought! smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 13

munky

A little late (okay, a /lot/ late), but better late than never, right? Accepting the encouragement of my peers, I now become ...

Dr. Bonzo Da'munky, PhDBS
smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 14

Shea the Sarcastic

*applause* smiley - ok

Hello!

Post 15

munky

*bowing*
Thank you, thank you, no autographs, please. smiley - winkeye

Hello!

Post 16

Shea the Sarcastic

::: throws smiley - rose :::

Hello!

Post 17

munky

Okay, for smiley - rose I'll give autographs.

Just send me $10.95 shipping and handling, and it's all yours. smiley - winkeye

smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 18

Shea the Sarcastic

::: pats pockets :::

Gee, I seem to be a bit short ... you don't mind a check, do you?

Hello!

Post 19

munky

I've decided that since it isn't the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy, I shall stop trying to move them about--no matter how amusing a game I found it to be.

I'd ask you to cook me a nice meal instead, but it'd probably be rotten by the time it got here, and really I could just save us both the trouble and just take something out of the refrigerator, if I could find anything slow enough to catch. smiley - winkeye

So, since I'm feeling so awfully generous today, I'll go ahead and give you one!

And considering that my signature is an almost unintelligble scribble, the best way to approximate it in a venue such as this is, quite simply: mvcjoiaj iopeaf u09aevjipuZH

smiley - biggrin

Hello!

Post 20

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - wow I'm glad you decided against a dinner from me. I'd have to send it ground, and that could get scary.

The autograph is lovely! It's going right into my collection!

Key: Complain about this post