This is the Message Centre for Tabitca

here we go around the mulberry bush?

Post 1

Tabitca

Or more exactly around every UK British Gas call centre in 60 minutessmiley - headhurts
Now I know it's Friday 13thsmiley - witch but not being superstitious(sp) thought setting up direct debits to pay my bills, whilst I have the time to sit and wait to get through to the call centres, should be straight forward.
I can confirm that British Gas seem to have lots of call centres in the UKsmiley - ok I started off I think in Southampton, after a long wait and some dreadful 80's pop music,and press 1 for blah 2 for more blah etc., to get through. Set up the electricity payment but my gas account doesn't exist. smiley - doh There was a happy birthday song going on in the background and lots of squeals, so someone's birthday.
But I have the number here and the letter with the number welcoming me to my new home and my new meter(Previously had prepayment meter which was removed and replaced with normal meter when we moved in)
ERMsmiley - erm try ringing this number they may know what to do.
Rings number....press 1 for blah 2 for more blah..you get the picture. All our assistants are busy please hold...cue terrible piano musicsmiley - ill then several interruptions of same tone ..change to flight of the bumble bee...well at least it kept me awake...after 20 minutes the repertoire ran out and the violin music returned to piano..mercifullysmiley - grovel at this point a male voice answered...scottish I think.No joy.smiley - sadfaceI was then passed on to what sounded like Sheffield. The woman there said "why have you been passed to me? Too smiley - bleep lazy to do their jobs ..I'll see what I can do."humpf.smiley - grr In the background someone was complaining about the fact that family has to come first and she'd told the boss.
Now I got some funky 70@s music on hold. Comes back.."I can't do it sorry, I might make a mess of it so I'll pass you to my colleague in another office"
More funky music...then a Welsh voice answers...Yes she can help and will ring me when it is sorted out....I have now been around the UK in 60 minutessmiley - puff
Once in the good old days you could walk into the gas office and sign there and then to have the gas put in your name and pay your bills....smiley - senior sigh
Well a tour of the country via phone from my armchairsmiley - laugh what next?
smiley - hug to all. Hope your 13th has not brought any nasty surprises.

Post 2

I'm not really here

It's my dad's birthday, so we went up for smiley - coffee and smiley - cake. smiley - biggrin Apparently my card brought tears to his eyes. I knew I shouldn't have frisbeed it at him. smiley - winkeye

Post 3

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hopes it were free phone number(s)

...in few years they mght have videophones and you "walk around town", while being on hold.

Post 4

Tabitca

smiley - laugh mina's dad..did he recover?
Pheloxi it's a good thing we don't have video phone..my face would have scared themsmiley - grrsmiley - steamsmiley - laugh

Post 5

Tabitca

and no it wasn't free phone numbers...but local rate..the bill will be interestingsmiley - erm

Post 6

I'm not really here

Yes he seems to be ok now. smiley - biggrin

Post 7

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

smiley - yikes"the bill will be interesting"smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - winkeyeI should think so!! Hope that all goes well(no further mixups) Hello to JK and Nessie,give the ladssmiley - catsmiley - cat a good rub under the chin!!smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

My gas and electric supplier can't even spell my name right despite being correct more than once.
I don't direct debit with my bills because usually I have to correct their over-estimates of my energy usgae and sometimes the extra time for a new bill to arrive can be useful.

Post 9

I'm not really here

I tried to get through to British Gas about my electricity bill. I've built up a credit because they refuse to understand that I don't use as much as 'most people'. Strangely there's no menu option for 'I'd like my money back please' and after trying all sorts of options to get through to a person I tried their complaints line. They wouldn't answer that, either. smiley - cross

If they paid interest on it I'd let them keep it, but they don't, so they can't keep it, even if it is only £36. It's mine! They have put my DD down by £2 a month though.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tabitca

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more