This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

4/15 F4G8

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Eight grays of radiation. 22 grays to go. 4 fractionations of radiotherapy, 11 to go smiley - zen

Its. just. a normal everyday thing already.
hello. hello... yababa yabba yabba etc.

handbag off shoulder. ribbons/hairband off, shirt off, pass wallet and it all to William.

Fold cane, walk to metal bench.

Feel for the head rest.... decide on a good starting ass position. sit down, lay back, wiggle as directed, lay head down, wiggle some more, adjust lateral positioning at hips, lift legs for leg rest thinggy.

Get suffocated by plastic mask being pulled onto head and shoulders.
Do the radiotherapy mask wiggle. - push with feet, nod head, wriggle head, breathe again.
adjust shoulders, relax muscles, wiggle once more, and say 'OK ready', and the rooms suddenly vacated, and I'm slowely taken into the CT scanner, and scanned.

a few minutes later, slide out on the metal bench, and there is the pause... whilst they adjust the origional 3D immage - formed program, to the days' actual CT scan. - today I fell asleep at that point! smiley - laugh yeh... man. I'm that* bleedin cool and zen. smiley - zen

damnit!

rudely awoken by the first beep, having been dragged back into the machine, and the machine starts beeping away, as the radiation thinggy makes clicky noises. smiley - dohsmiley - grr - was just about starting to dream too, as I was woken up.

Next thing I know.

err. where am I. err. what.... oh... ahh... yes.

I'm woken up by the radiology techniqtions removeing the mask smiley - laugh - yeh, I fell asleep inside the radiation thinggy smiley - laugh - judging by the soaking wet inside of the mask, having had a hot flush whilst asleep smiley - laughsmiley - blush

Oh, went for bloods, before the RT today;

Waited ages... and ages; to try see the nurse who does the ports; eventually gave up on that; the loverly receptionist, just kinda queue jumped me into the ordinary bloods, so we were done in time for the RT; nice nurse... looked at my right arm, moaned about small blood vesels...

Looked at the left, found a bit of one; nice central one, in inside of elbow sort of area;

I didn't feel anything until I felt her put the sticky plaster thing on, I'm just so utterly immune to feeling injections at all now smiley - laugh

sadly, that will mean have to go to the port nurse, or someone, early this week coming, to get the port flushed, but, i guess that isn't much an extra hastle.- maybe the loverly Sue will be in that day, doing ports... she useually manages to get the dagger in right, by at least the sixth attempt. smiley - zen

after bloods, it was virtually straight into the RT room; no chance for me to brain myself first wth my useual mix of music to zen out too; have a new playlist now; chemo is long gone... so now the radiotherapy play list is the one.. simular mix, but slightly more darker metal and stuff... probably...

Got ... majorily chatted up today, by a male radiotherapy nurse/technition.... - we were thinking... he might... be that way inclined when we first saw him there the other day;

today he walked past W and I, before my RT, whilst we sat down, and said 'hello girls' to us smiley - whistle

I wonder what time his shift finishes tomorrow; he is working tomorrow; made a point of telling us this... twice smiley - whistle - we've already convinced him to start wearing his trilby to work! smiley - whistlesmiley - droolsmiley - erm

hurrah. end of first week. two days off.
if. only. smiley - grr

in tomorrow to have RT again, for the canceled one on Wednesday smiley - grr = I can't get anything done at the moment..... - get up, get ready for RT. go to hospital. get home. collapse in chair. make dinner. eat dinner. and the day is all done.
Still need to get this curtain rail up, and the new curtain, plus I've some other odd jobs need doing, and not to mention laundry.
Sunday will be my only day of rest this weekend. - I'll spend it all doing laundry now. smiley - grr and putting up the curtain rail, and doing a bit of leatherwork that I've been putting off for ages and ages. smiley - grrsmiley - doh

I was ment to be away this weekend if they'd not have canceled earlier in the week. smiley - grr

hmm. appointment is at 13.15..... I wonder if they'll be finishing the extra, non nomral Saturday shift, circa 2 PM... the .. cute radiology technition/nurse.... might be.... at a lose end... smiley - whistlesmiley - biggrin

Saw big balls T, in the distance, in the corridoor... smiley - laugh storming along, trailing junior drs in her quake... smiley - laughsmiley - snork

hmm. if we're 13.15 tomorrow, I'll have to get up early, so I can take meds, wake up enough to shower, and then we can go get the bus.. maybe I should shower late tonight instead... smiley - puff damnit. smiley - grr or... hmm. really fancy a smiley - ale sure I must deserve one? smiley - grovelsmiley - grovel < smiley - grovel

4/15 F4G8

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

may have been to the pub... may have had beer.... hmm... awaiting the epic arrival of the sleeping meds, 'working better' with boze..... no happening yet... bed soon though, up early to get my head together, ready for th enext bus ride, and radiotherapy smiley - yawn May try radiotherapy in a differnt colour this time.... done it all in greens and yellows so far, may try zen out with purples and reds ths time for a change smiley - zensmiley - ale must finish this can of beer, I opened after the pub, and go to bed... W has alreay gone up smiley - sadfacesmiley - droolsmiley - loveblush mind... he may be awake by the time I go up and... well... one never knows smiley - whistle we got an offer of a treesome tonigt.... but both of us felt a bit... like we didn't ereally haven the energy smiley - handcuffs pity really... sounded like a cut young bloke.... mid-twentys smiley - whistle - mind... I still think we might be in with M, from radiotherapy, tomorrow, depending what time his shift finishes... he's... just... dropped enough hints... like... so far... smiley - whistlesmiley - angel I'm not like other peole smiley - snork sod being normal. smiley - laugh hmm. maybe rather than sleeping during the RT tomrrow I'll try meditate to ... a differnt thing... smiley - whistle so long as it doesn't make me... move too much of course, in the RT machine thinggy smiley - laughsmiley - snork well... I've a low concentraton span ... need to do somethign to .. weird out everythign as I go through it all innit smiley - laugh right. must finish this beer, and go wee....see... if W is asleep quite yet or.... not smiley - droolsmiley - loveblushsmiley - handcuffs

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more