This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

1/15 done. only 14 to go. smiley - zen

Bit of a mess up... they handed us a sheet, with resheduled times on smiley - grr on my first day?! smiley - grr

W had a quiet 'chat' with them, whilst I was being zapped; resheduled tomorrows, bakc to a more sensible time, like what we were origionally told; I'e arranged for window repair man to be here tomorrow afternoon, so their trying to reshedule that RT would have messed that up smiley - grr

spoke to nurse type person (no idea who she was), who went back through the side affects; again, they only seem to mention some smiley - huhsmiley - shrug then, as per normal, fails to realise my being blind means I can't see; trys to make me look at the consent form I've already signed, to confirm I've given consent smiley - huh whatever. smiley - shrug

Get into teh room.

Female nurses ask me to remove my shirt; yeh. I know I'm irrisistable, but, really... there's a time and a place... smiley - snorksmiley - winkeye

W gets me to the scanner 'bed' thinggy. (nurses Drs can't do that, they're so useless)

position myself, head in head rest.

Attach my death mask.

Cut off my breathign entirely by crushing wind pipe smiley - ermsmiley - shrug remove mask, adjust height of neck rest, try again. suffocate me. repeat about half a dozen times, until they've finally got it right... smiley - zen

in I go smiley - zoom scan .... out of scan.... pause; W tells me afterwards this is when they're looking at the origional scan; and the new one; and minutely adjusting the images on screen...

pause.....

pip.
back in.
hot flush. imediately smiley - groan gets me almost a bit panicy. breathing smiley - zen and some mindfulness, and visualisation. Radiation starts.

I'm just about asleep by the time it finishes; find out afterwards, that the actual duration of the radiation was 6 and a half minutes smiley - zen

smiley - cool

walked home. pop in pub on way back as its warm smiley - puffsmiley - ale

Mus phone my Dad now, make W and I dinner, then I think I need a shower smiley - puff warm here again today, but not boiling hot...

Should get to speak to Dr tomorrow, at last about remaining chemo side affects; especially my feeling like I'm passing out, half the time, plus the increasing duration, number, and severity of the hot flushes... - I only assume these are chemo side afects smiley - shrug

No superhero powers yet obvious.... guess they'll take some time to appear smiley - grovel

14 to go. smiley - zensmiley - smiley
Still more weird left to find.

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 2

Baron Grim

My proton treatment exposure time was only 1 minute each (for two months), but I was on the slab for at least an hour most days. The only real excitement was a couple of days where my session was delayed because young kids had "coded" during their sessions. That's gotta be brutal for a parent to have a kid put under general anesthesia every day just so they'll stay still for the treatment. It kinda put my predicament in perspective. The staff got no complaints for me and they really didn't earn any regardless. The only times they ever had trouble with the mask, it was quickly sorted. They definitely never choked me or even made me the slightest bit uncomfortable. My biggest issue was the itchy nose. I can now ignore itches and just let them go away.

The only time I knew directly when my zap was happening was when they were going in through the back of my skull and ionized the air in my sinuses. I could smell the ozone. smiley - weird

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 3

I guess its weird, with the mask, I can feel it move... just as I breathe!; but, more tigheter.... I can't breathe at all smiley - laughsmiley - weird To be honest, I think they'd have been better off not bothereing with a mask; instead some kinda breast/chest restraint; its my arm pit afterall; through to my collar bone; then just catching the bottom of my windpipe lower neck area; the only areas they really wanna hit are my arm pit and under my collar bone; the neck etc, is collateral dammage... so... still think a chest thing would have worked betterer smiley - weird

ozone!; that's thae smell I ocul get! I got that! err.... hmm. not sure where from, as they oughta have been well clear of any sinus! smiley - laughsmiley - shrug

already getting odd feeling on skin, of affected areas.... increased moisturisation has started smiley - groan expect peeling skin by end of week smiley - sadface and scaring after that smiley - wahsmiley - cry all seems a lot of faff just to treat it, TBH.... but, then again, I consdider death the least o fth side affects, so I'm probably not best to judge smiley - laugh life's so overrated in some ways smiley - shrug I never kinda got the hang of it right IMO smiley - alienfrown though I am.. . oddly atached to it, when push comes to shove and, well, I guess my being imortal and indistructible kinda alters my outlook a bit smiley - weirdsmiley - shrugsmiley - weird just hoping the skin peeling under the arm pit isn't too bad, that'll be pretty uncofortable I guess smiley - alienfrown also hoping it won't affect y chest skin or collar bone area too badly... or my back come to that smiley - alienfrown but... if it does smiley - shrug small fry I guess... really... smiley - alienfrown

sneakily nipped into pub with W tonight, as we went out for a night walk to get some air... seemed the logical thing to do smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale must find bed I guess... early zapping tomorrow smiley - groansmiley - sleepy

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 4

Deb

I wonder what superpower you'll develop...perhaps you'll be able to do the wrist thrust thing like Spiderman only you'll send out a jet of purple glitter smiley - diva. That'd be cool. Not sure if it would save the world but it would certainly make it pretty smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 5

You can call me TC

What purpose does the mask actually serve? Is it to stop you moving, or as protection, like the lead apron for x-rays?

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 6

Baron Grim

It immobilizes you, that's all.

But if yours is restricting your breathing, 2legs, it should be refit. That's ridiculous that they didn't get that right.

1/15 F1 G2.

Post 7

They did get the fit right, so it didn't restrict breathing; it was my shoulders not settling 'back' enough; its more to imobablise my shoulders and chest, rather than my head, per sai; true enough the beam is for no reason, hitting the bottom of my neck, but really its addressing ust the armpit on the lefthand side, plus the area under the left hand collar bone; so the mask descends quite a bit onto my chest area, and shoulders; today's fit was spot on, a lot quicker, as they'd adjusted the height of the neck rest and tweeked it yesterday when I was there, and so set it to the right height to start off with today smiley - zen - one of my main objections that nearly nmade me skip the radiation; is the huge area I'm having to have zapped as far as I@m concerned, just to do the small area they want to treat; for a start, the top of my left arm, and the 'outside' as it were, of my armpit; whereas the node there is just 'in' the armpit (or, rather was as its vanished to touch anyhow), simularly, the five tiny enlarged nodes under the collar bone, they can't target, without hitting my bracchial plexus nerve bundle, hence potential left arm paralisis- simularly, as I can now feel it, I'm getting a fair bit of radiation hitting teh top of my left breast area, which they'd not told me. and the neck is recieving a blast of it too, for no rason (no enlarged lymph nodes in neck) smiley - shrug

well. 2/15 done. journal to follow at some point with the new fun and games of another day having people try to kill me and injur me.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more