This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The night before...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Radiation. smiley - erm so not looking forward to this. smiley - erm never been nervious or anything before any opperation etc., in my life. ; I've no idea how I was the night before first chemo as I can't recall that smiley - doh my mind was still too mashed from the haemorridge.
But, I do recall nights before opperations in the way back when, where I had about a 1% survival likelyhood, and I ... didn't care ... no stress, anxiety or anything smiley - weird
So... why do I with the radiaiton? smiley - erm I think I know.
The 'bad' outcome of the opperations would have been death. smiley - ok
which I'm kinda cool with, I mean, its not like you know or anything if it happens, afterall. you just ... don't wake up < smiley - shrug whereas, the bad outcome with the rads, is... feeling een more ... rubbish than I already do, and ending up being disabled untilatemly ... smiley - erm neither of which I want or care for much. the former I cna just sort of deal with I guess, not so sure about the second, it'd be an aweful nuscience for others around me, more than anything smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird but... smiley - shrug Its just another treatment... just another way of introducing differnt pain and unplesent sensations to my body, and of making me feel more ill than I already am... I'm used to that, so... still really not quite sure why I'm so... smiley - weird dunno... sort of anxious maybe about it? smiley - erm

Bought a rediculus pair of shorts today, sort of blue and floral. so me smiley - diva also bought a cucumber, and a loaf of french bread smiley - erm William bought a pair of shoes, to wear, in the house here; kinda deck shoes I think, sort of to use instead as slippers. smiley - wow Turns out... they work well wehn put to other uses too smiley - ermsmiley - bruisedsmiley - weird

Mad us pasta salad for dinner smiley - zen

Dunno why I'm so ... not wanting/looking forward to the radiation. 1/15 tomorrow.

Weekend away was good, but the heat really affected me bad; I kept having to stop at points, to 'rest' . smiley - grrsmiley - grr yeh. me. stopping. to rest. what. the smiley - bleepsmiley - grrsmiley - grr sort of... faint feeling, I guess, kinda fatigue too, but, dunno if its chemo side affects still or what smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird but, felt good escaping Cambridge for the first time in (my memory) since last Sepbeter (I had left between that time and the haemorridge, but can't remember it, of course).

My Brother randomly popped orund last night.

He's sitll fatten than me smiley - tongueoutsmiley - diva I so need to lose weight though smiley - laughsmiley - grr
so wish wasn't having radiation. But I can't judge my mind as working well enough to have been right in its descicion to not have it. hence I went with other peoples descicions that I should ahve it. smiley - shrug Kinda just don't care anyhow, anymore. TBH, in some ways. smiley - shrug

The night before...

Post 2

Deb

You've handled your chemo amazingly, with so much humour, and I'm sure you'll adjust to the radiotherapy in a similar manner. But it's new and scary and of course it's freaking you out.

That said, if you can't handle this with humour, that's ok too. God, I hope that doesn't come over as patronising or condescending. It's just that when my husband was going through chemo people kept telling him he had to think positively, yadda, yadda, and that left him feeling guilty if he had a bad day. Guilt, on top of everything else.

Whatever you do, it'll be in your own incredibly unique way smiley - biggrin

I hope it all goes ok tomorrow, and I'm sure I won't be alone in looking out for your next journal, whenever you feel up to posting it. smiley - cuddle

Deb smiley - cheerup

The night before...

Post 3

Baron Grim

I really wish proton therapy was an option for you instead. It minimizes the side effects and greatly lessens any possible colateral damage. But even so, I think you'll find the chemo was much worse than the radiation will be, at least regarding to how it makes you feel.

The night before...

Post 4

Thanks. smiley - blush

and... prlbably ... err, probably... (in answer to both I think!) smiley - biggrin

I'm... just getting so fed up with it all... it .. just keeps on going on... smiley - groan - still got nothing sorted post chemo really, no idea what side affects I've got are chemo, or endochrine etc... - do get to have a chat with the cool Prof endochrine guy I think, Wednesday before, or after radiotherapy, which will be cool... - GP wrote them a letter I think; which kinda frightened them into realising they've not given me an emergency wrist band thinggy (I have to recieve an imediate injection of cortisole/hydrocortisone if I'm found at a RTA) ; also, I've no emergency hydrocortisone 'stuff' - as far as I know from my reading I oughta get an injectible kit to carry with me; at the same time, I'll wanna ask them some stuff; like what I am ment to feel if I'm low, etc; all this keep nearly passing out, like I did the past few days; no idea if thats chemo, blood pressure, low hydrocortisone; or, as it was warm, could hav ejust been heat exaustions.... I've no idea; I can't any more sense what my body feels, my brains' too... bleh... - does that hurt? nope. I've no idea. I can feel it. its... dunno... maybe pain... probably.. yeh... so what... - utterly disconnected from my body and my mind at the same time; no concept of reality any more, most of the time; or thather, rather, no ... aiblity to ... dunno how to discribe it... ' - its all ... kinda there happening... sort of around me... smiley - shrug very odd... like a k kinda extended bein stoned... or ... otherwise drugged out of my head. - no idea who I am anymore... which doesn't help... and no 'normal' of a past, of mine, to judge by which, where or how I feel now... all very odd.
Mind. still having fun when I'm not so low I can't just be bothered to move etc... smiley - erm

The night before...

Post 5

bleh. stupid brain. smiley - zen

much more positive today. smiley - zen Hmm. no idea why. didn't sleep more than a few hours on/off last night, due to hot flushes and stupid brain smiley - grr

so. OK. got to do this. three weeks. - gona turn the insanity/weirdness up a notch I think. - just.... just for the hecll of it.
two objectives.
1. to fall assleep whilst in the deathmask/recieving radiotherapy smiley - snork
2. to 'meditatie' enough to reach headspace whilst ... in the bondage that is teh radiotherapy deathmask and being bound down to teh bench/table smiley - laugh

I think.... the second will be the easiest... - I oughta be able to think myself really easily into submissive headspace, whilst being so tightly 'bound' smiley - laugh - rekon... I could probably reach... err... smiley - blush quite easily actually smiley - laugh

well. when in doubt, hae an orgasm. as my grandmother almost etainly never said smiley - runsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - snork

so. exausted. so tired. must find soemthing to eat. - took higher dose of hydrocortisone again this mroning; will take higher midday dose too, so I've plenty in me, for when I'm irradiated at 4 PM. smiley - zen - hoping to walk to and back from hospital; gotta get fit again, somehow, and lose weight. if we walk back... and the sun's out... - gona go into the pub for a beer I think smiley - ale on the way home smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more