This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Strength. weakness.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - weird my muscles have been... getting weaker since... like not long after chemo started, I think. smiley - erm or... 'thought'.

hmm. wondering how much of it, is psychiological, or, more just the fatigue, removing any stamina, or, perhaps, and an odd, probably really unlikely obscure thing, autonomic nerve damage, related to the perlpheral neuropathy (rare I think, and, err, probably not called that which I just called it) smiley - alienfrown

OK. single matress downstairs, to dump outside, ready to be collected (from 7 AM to 5 PM, council say; has* to be left outside; even though this is main road, and house opens stairhgt on to pavement; and shops nextdoor either side).

OK, single matress, and a very very large plastic bag; the pastic bag a double matresss arrived in.

plastic bag contains; boxes the double bed came in,; about two dozen other carboard boxes, about six pillows, old dubet, duvet, assorted other junk, including three bin bags full of lodger's old shoes, and ... just rubbish. etc.

Its big. its heavy, its unweild.

OK. first, I move matress out.

awkward. lift it up with one hand, using other to hold side of door, position myself, get it out of doorway, then move outside, using both hands, of course.

The big bag. holy.... moustach of hasslehoff.

hammed. jammed in doorway, in hallway, up against stairs.

ABout the size of... six, maybe more wheelie bins. smiley - erm heavy. real heavy.

pull, manova. adjust. get annoyed;

lift it up, and carry, half drag it out.

smiley - wow

I got a bit out of breath. smiley - biggrin see. told ya I'm indestructible. smiley - puff need a cuppa tea now though smiley - puffsmiley - tea

Strength. weakness.

Post 2

Deb

If the bag's that big & unwieldy, what odds will you give me that the council won't take it?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Strength. weakness.

Post 3

damnit! your so sos so right! smiley - laugh ; William came round.... - matress gone... big bag o rubbish still there. I'm so rubbish in this heat... just melting... Now I gott a ring council and find out why they've not taken it. - nothing on website says about size, weight of objects. - If I can smiley - bleep ing move it; whilst mid way between chemo and radiotherapy, and, considering I'm blind... - they can damn well move it! - or, if they'd like, I'll happily carry it for tem, to their truck. idiots. smiley - grrsmiley - flustered - I've not any other way to get rid of it, if they wont' take it smiley - cry and no where to put it smiley - erm damnit. and I'm away tomorrow. damnit. and. smiley - wah I think I'm goign to cry smiley - cry

Strength. weakness.

Post 4

Most of rubbish put into four black sacks; they say they'll collect them tomrrow. a lot of the rest stuffed into my wheelie bin, and the remainder in a big bag, in my hallway. I don't know why the council here make it so impossible to dump waste, unless your a car driver. it makes no sense. smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird

Strength. weakness.

Post 5

Deb

I'm sorry I was right! smiley - wah It just seemed like a typical bureaucracy thing. Glad most of it'll end up collected anyway.

Enjoy your trip!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Strength. weakness.

Post 6

I got most in to the main wheelie bin, so that was good, and after the four bags are taken, on Wednesday coming there ... hopefully won't be too much left; can then hopefully get rid of that in the wheelie bin, fortnight by fortnight. I miss weekly bin collections, but we went fortnightly when they didn't intoruduce recycling here. smiley - erm

Strength. weakness.

Post 7

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

That's flippin' ridiculous, man. No recycling *and* reduced waste removal!? I'd be on to the papers, my local councilor (even though he a T**y) and my MP (again, T**y) We used to be a Lib Dem stronghold, dear gods what did we do?

We have recycling, my gods (both the old and the new), Brown - plastic, glass, and metal tins.That's taken four-weekly hence we need two of them. Blue- paper and cardboard. Taken fortnightly - only need one. Black - everything you can't recycle, taken fortnightly (when your having a big clear out, that's a pain in the bum). Finally a Green one - Garden waste, dead flowers, food scraps (yeah, food scraps. We have an indoor green bin - lined with a special biodegradable bin liner*) that we put all our food scraps in. It's actually quite cool, and doesn't smell. The green bin is taken weekly. I put an indoor bag in the green bin about once a fortnight - not many scraps in this house smiley - rofl

Strength. weakness.

Post 8

we have recycling. but its so insanely stupid, no one uses it. - open boxes, no lids, on a main road, with no gardens, only pavement. can't leave them outside; err, wher eis one ment to p put them?; answer, no ne uses them. - also on this street, any open boxes like that would just be tipped over by the nightly drunken kids up the street. - don't recycle at door any useful stuff anyhow; they expect you to have a car and drive to the tip; whilst maintaining they're trying to reduce traffic on the already rediculusly congested roads. meanwhile; vast huge space at back of this block; left empty; comunal bins? nah. they're too stupid to do that here. W gets better bin service and recycling where he lives, out in the village, than we do in the city centre.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more