This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

hair!

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh well. having kept it, all teh way through chemotherapy..... - yeh, I lost buckets of the stuff.... but, somehow still kept a full covering, and still long enough to hae my pony tail (hence having the room to attach the ribbons, on a hair band, to my pony tail). but... now, four... or so weeks since the end of chemo... - oops! that's feeling mightily thin at teh back smiley - laughsmiley - laugh I can't do anything right smiley - laughsmiley - silly it may still... just about hang on; it is regrowing - heck it was regrowing even as I was having chemo.... seriously smiley - huhsmiley - biggrin

Anyhow. despite such evidence, off today, to purchase 15 three foot long ribbons; sparkily ones, all the same colour; 15 ribbons for 15 fractionations of radiation (2 grays per fractionation) smiley - zen - whether or not the hair will ahve the strength to support that much ribbons...... who knows smiley - snork more insanity yet to comes. smiley - run

hair!

Post 2

smiley - biggrin ribbons boughts. some sparkily gold, some sparkily silver, some with polka dots on (to take the mic out of my oncologists badly chosen spotty dresses; I should have a word with her, really... about some of her clothing choises..... I could teach her a thing of two... smiley - whistlesmiley - snork ) smiley - laugh 30 foot ribbon.... cut into 1 meter/3 foot secions, so 15 ribbons, one ribbon per fractionation and the 30 ft, for the 30 grays total radiation smiley - laugh

Went to midummer fair... midsummer fair... it was... pointless. smiley - erm W refused to go on teh one really scarey (i.E., worthwhile) fairground ride smiley - laugh - he reconed he'd be sick. somehow I doubt I would be smiley - evilgrin I'm either fearless or insane. hmm. maybe both. Life ges weirder. it really does. err. I'm running out of safe bits on my body I can safely be touched on which... arn't... now... smiley - blush eroginous zones. smiley - laugh seriously. odd. smiley - weird must go drink tea. natch. jasmine, for a change from the carabien honey and ginger. smiley - zensmiley - tea

hair!

Post 3

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

if your hair isnt quite strong enough to hold that many ribbons
perhaps you could sew them onto the back of a hat... smiley - erm and then the ribbons could hang down from the hat...
but then that might look like a odd sort of tam o shanter hat effect and I'm not sure that would work....

*ramble*

hair!

Post 4

Oh. if the hair lets me down entirely... I'll find another method; needless to say it'll be more insane than the previous.

Failing all else. I'll shave me bonace, and attach the ribbons with superglue. what could possibly go wrong. smiley - biggrin

hair!

Post 5

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - laugh
Infamous words those are 2legs!

hair!

Post 6

since cancer, chemo and Tracy my gorgeous spotty oncology consultant came into my life; plus teh infamous Hildaguard (bonsai!) vascular insert doct/nurse; I cannot consider anything too insane for me to do. seriously smiley - evilgrin hair holding up; ribbons (chemo ones only, of ocurse for now), safely in place; going to the pub smiley - runsmiley - alesmiley - evilgrin - I do think... though some of the bits of hair, that actually did drop out with chemo... they're growing back curley!; I could end up with a mix! smiley - laugh how insane would that be smiley - laughsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs

hair!

Post 7

My hairs getting even weirder. I might just give in and die what remains purple or pink or... soemthing. maybe green for one bit and purple for the rest. with some pink highlights. smiley - erm or... just shave the lot off... hmm. kinda think that might annoy W if I didn't tell him I was doing it though smiley - whistlesmiley - evilgrinsmiley - run

Key: Complain about this post