This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Danger Will Robinson... Serious political type statement ahead.

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I have noticed that the current crises in the US has pushed Iraq out of the lime light, well I'm about to push it back in. Way back in the early stages of the first gulf war a decision was taken. During Desert Shield, befor Desert Storm, in fact I believe it may have been before the UN even considered authorising an attack on the Iraqi war machine, while the senior staff of the coalition were planning just what they should do to deplete Saddam's millitary they were also discussing what to do afterwards. In the end it was decided that Saddam had to be left in power. The reasoning has been proven correct and should now be obvious.

By invading Iraq the way he has done GWB has handed Saddam victory. We in the west have a very different concept of winning and losing. We believe we won because we deposed Saddam. We didn't, we lost. Saddam has shown, quite clearly, that while he could control Iraq the Americans and the new government cannot. He has shown them to be incompetant. He has humiliated them and therefore he has won. He has finaly got the victory snatched from him by GB snr.

On an aside, countries sending aid to the US include, Cuba and Iran, I bet they're killing them selves laughing

smiley - cheers

Post 2

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I've heard that some of the countries that were hit by the Tsunami are sending aid to the US, that has to seriously irritate the US Government because they were basically shamed into giving aid after the tsunami struck

If there was ever a case of "Do unto others.."

Post 3

Laudatortemporisacti - RIP TB Falsename, I will always love you. :'-(

You got a good point about the Saddam thing...I'd never thought about it that way.

Post 4

NPY

That's an interesting view of Saddam/Iraq/GWB thing. It is true that the American guys aren't doing a fantastic peace-keeping job.

And it's interesting the way the news seems to have gone off the Iraq thing to concentrate on the hurricane. they seem to forget about something once something different comes along.

Post 5

Newspapers are fickle like that. They change between stories so quickly whenever other things happen, and jump back just as fast to the previous one if there are more developments on that one.

Post 6

NPY

Well I suppose there's only so much they can print in one edition. And it helps if it's new news sometimes. But it's nice to finish something.

Post 7

They're never too worried about that really.smiley - erm
As long as it's new stuff they're happy.

Post 8

NPY

Yeah. Keeps people buying.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more