This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I is returned from foreign parts

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

For anyone who wondered where I have been these past few days, it was my grandfather's 95th birthday party down in hilly Lincolnshire*. Whilst there I acquired a little 2-octave melodeon, which I'm now trying to learn, if I can master the rudiments of it then I may consider getting a full size jobbie and attending folk festivals again.

It will join my Tony Dixon resin flute, my whistle and my 6-hole english style ocarina...aswell as my guitar and my concert flute..and keyboard and, if I ever find it, my harmonica...I think that's it, as far as instruments go.

Oh wait, I've got a half built pentatonic lap-harp which I designed and am working on gradually putting together too. I think that's all of them now. Although there is a violin, but that's not mine, and I got rid of my trumpet.

Anyway, it was nice seeing my grandfather again, as well as my mom's family as I've not seen them, really, since I moved to scotland.

On the way down we stopped overnight in carlisle. The next day we carried on down to Peterborough where we were staying. On the way to Peterborough we had lunch in a place called Ferrybridge, which is allegedly around Prof's neck of the woods. We had lunch there coming back too.

We had decent weather most days with a little bit of rain on sunday morning. Saw the family, saw my cousins' various offspring, only one of whom I'd ever met before, and had a good feed.

Got back here about 1800, came on here, worked through some of the blog, skipped much and then wrote this.

smiley - cheers

*Famed for being excessively flat.

Post 2

Fizzymouse- no place like home

smiley - musicalnote

Glad you had a good time .... I haven't been about myself recently ... so I didn't miss you. smiley - sorry

smiley - mouse

Post 3

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

yep, although now I have another instrument to learn.

smiley - cheers

Post 4

It should be fun .... especially since you are so musical.smiley - winkeye

smiley - mouse

Post 5

I can't play any of them that well though.

smiley - cheers

Post 6

Well I can't play anything any more - I used to be in the recorder group in school - played treble and bass recorders.

Then I played flute, then violin for a few years ... gave that up, played percussion in the orchestra too.

Jack of all trades master of none - that's me .... at least you keep trying - I gave up some years ago.smiley - laugh

smiley - mouse

Post 7

I'm mostly focusing on learning the guitar at the moment. I can play keyboard well enough for most of what I need it for.

smiley - cheers

Post 8

My daughter can play guitar a bit but tried to teach me. My arthritic fingers couldn't manage it so I didn't get very far. smiley - erm

So long as you enjoy all those instruments I wouldn't worry too much.

smiley - mouse

Post 9

yep, they're fun smiley - smiley

... except I seem to have mislaid my tuner.

smiley - cheers

Post 10

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
pentatonic lap-harp smiley - bigeyes

gotta a picture of it we can see?

Post 11

Not got a picture of the one I'm working on, yet, but it will, hopefully, look a bit like these
http://www.highlandmusicandgifts.com/ProdImages/MusicMaker.jpg
http://www.grovearcade.com/store/images/h_11-copy.jpg

smiley - cheers

Post 12

NPY

Well when you've picked up enough on your melodeon you should record it for your new album!

Post 13

It's not an easy instrument to play

smiley - cheers

Post 14

NPY

Will make your masterey of it even more impressive.

Post 15

Heh, I may learn to play it ok, but I doubt if I'll master it.

smiley - cheers

Post 16

NPY

you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more