This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

It's Christmas, a time of emotion and memories, and not good ones.

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Today, the 23rd, is the 10th aniversary of my Nana's death. 10 years ago we got a phone call on the morning of the 23rd, from my Grandpa, to tell us that my Nana had had another heart attack and that this one had been fatal. Needless to say Christmas that year wasn't, for us, the joyous time it is for most people. I spent that morning trying to remember as much about her as I could, especially the good times, and occasionaly crying.

5 years later, on the 18th, my Jack died. He was 18, which is quite a good age for a dog. He was also my best friend, only three years younger than me, with whom I had grown up. He was always there for me. When I was ill he came to the hospital to see me and when I got home he knew I wasn't 100% and was very gentle with me and not as boistous as normal. He was the friendliest dog I have ever known and got confused when other dogs or people weren't friendly to him.

He once made friends with an Alsatian bitch and when a couple of Westies attacked him later that day the Alsatian came to his rescue while he just stood there looking bewildered smiley - smiley. Luckily his girlfriend, yes he had a girlfriend, a Greyhound, never found out smiley - winkeye.

He was young and lively almost right up untill his death, he became very ill very quickly, we think is kidneys failed, and he had a number of siesiures. We aranged to take him to the vet at the next oportunity, he enjoyed going to the vet as he liked his vet, as he rapidly detiorated and very soon he stopped being the Jack he'd always been. We were going to have him put down but while we were waiting with him in the waiting room he licked my hand and my dad's hand, shuddered and died.
The vet then called us through and confirmed that he had died. She asked us if we wanted to leave him there and I nearly snapped at her that I wasn't leaving him. We took him home and he was buried in our garden with our old collie, Nicky, who he used to use as a pillow, in fact he was lain in his old place with his head resting on her bum. I cried for almost the entire day, untill I had no tears left, I carried on crying all through Christmas.

When we moved I left him. In all our 18 years together he never once left me and now I've left him, ok he's got Nicky with him, but it still hurts.

smiley - crysmiley - wahsmiley - cry

Chrismas isn't the happiest time of the year.

smiley - cry

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

ssshhhhhh

* you up close* smiley - smooch

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

TB, meeting you, early this year, I moved up a step! I have friends on hootoo who I might never meet, you are one of those who I have and as a friend, you can always count on me mate, I always have a shoulder for any friend, when it is needed...any time bud! ok...

Post 4

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I miss him sooooooooo much lil. Someone said something about dogs on here a few weeks ago and if they'd have been in the same room as me at the time they'd have got a smack in the mouth, I'm currently avoiding that conversation forum, at least untill the new year.

I have a Corgi calendar from 2003 on my wall, it never got changed past January as the dogs in the January picture look just like him

smiley - cry

Post 5

Thanks Prof, smiley - brave I guess part of it is feeling guilty that I left him.

smiley - cry

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

TB, if ever mate, my email address is on my p/ssmiley - ok

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Sweetheart, you have been with our family. You are aware the girls both have their own pets and the dogs are more family to them.

Yes, I used to have a beautiful labrador myself. When she went, I couldn't face trying to take in another dog, which is why we eventually took in two rescue cats instead.. smiley - cuddle

Post 8

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

smiley - cuddle

Post 9

fundamentallyflawed

smiley - cuddle

Key: Complain about this post