This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Pans

Post 21

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Are Fornby grills like those hot sandwich toasting arrangements?

smiley - ale

Pans

Post 22

Mu Beta

Can I officially point out at this point that they are not named after a Lancastrian smiley - tit with a ukelele.

Much better (and much hotter) than a sandwich toaster. It does drain the fat out, which is a bit of a downer, but cooks anything well - and quickly!

If you prop the front legs up, it does a wicked griddled duck egg.

B

Pans

Post 23

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Summat wrong with your eggs if they've got legs.

I had guessed they weren't named after him. Scarily last night's Central News featured the Whaley Bridge branch of the George Fornby Society. I find it worrying that the George Fornby Society is big enough to have branches.

smiley - ale

Pans

Post 24

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I had one of the early George Formby grills. It cooks well, but my problem with it was that was no temperature control - it was either full on, or off. Perhaps the temperature on the newer ones can be varied.

Pans

Post 25

GreyDesk

LHG had one, and I found it did lamb chops very nicely. The fat draining thing I found a bit fiddly. I mean it all pours out into what looks for all the world like a miny horse-trough that you wiggly around in front of the grill.

I can't see me getting one for myself. After all I've already got plenty of cooking implements smiley - winkeye

Pans

Post 26

Lighthousegirl - back on board

I still do have one and it still cooks many kinds of meats very nicely thank you smiley - smiley It gets used quite a lit in our household.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GreyDesk

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more