A Conversation for Life Beyond the Tube

Life... beyond!

Post 1

shazzPRME

I like this smiley - smiley
It is funny, but thought-provoking!
One thing... just write TV rather then T.V.
The editors don't like to overuse '.' s, and TV is one word which you can leave them out of smiley - smiley

This is just the sort of article I like to put in 'The Post', the h2g2 online newspaper for which I am the managing editor (That's where the PRME comes from).
Would you allow me to use this in a future edition? You would get your name up in lights and maybe meet a lot more reseachers!
Let me know if you are interested!
shazzPRME smiley - magic

Life... beyond!

Post 2

An Intrepid Canadian

Hello once again shazz,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner, but I didn't know anyone had even read the article. I would be quite honoured if you would publish my article and am thrilled to know that you enjoyed it! I will make the necessary corrections ASAP and you can put it up whenever you like. I wrote it quite a long time ago (when I was just getting started) and came up with the idea after deciding that TV was dumb. I lived with out a TV for a while and then got another one only for watching movies, because I do like movies quite alot. I'm just objected to sitting down in front of the tube for an evening for "lack of something better to do." There's always something better to do.

Anyway, the main reason I like movies is cause it's a good way to put the moves on the honeys smiley - smiley I like cuddling up by the fireplace (with a fire going in it) and drinking hot chocolate and watching a long boring movie under a nice, warm blanket. When the movie's boring it gives you a chance to get intimate every once in a while smiley - smiley

Life... beyond!

Post 3

shazzPRME

ROFL! I know just what you mean!
TV doesn't feature very big in my life either... but the video is a must as we are sci fi mad here and have a huge collection of movies and series to watch smiley - smiley
I will use this in next week's edition then...
The Post clicks over at 1am GMT on a Tuesday morning... I think you are about 8 or 9 hours behind?
It has it's own personal h2g2 identity... just type in /thepost after the h2g2.com bit and you will be there smiley - winkeye
I see that you are a keen writer, so anything else you think may be good to publish, just drop in at my page or the Post Office!
shazz smiley - magic

Life... beyond!

Post 4

An Intrepid Canadian

Hey there Shazz,

Remember me? smiley - smiley I'm back! I don't spend too much time on the 'puter anymore, but I'm glad to see that the guide is back up and running! Anyway ... just sayin' "hey".

CYA

Life... beyond!

Post 5

shazzPRME

Hi there smiley - smiley
Good to see you made it back smiley - ok

Things were strange around here for a while, but all seems to have settled down pretty well now smiley - smiley

The Guide disappeared before I could use your article in The Post, so I better put it in next week's edition! smiley - biggrin

shazz smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Life Beyond the Tube

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more