A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Languages

Post 1

Kumetanzuka the capricious

Hi, I've been away for a while, and have lost touch with the conversations regarding language on the guide. I can't seem to find any guidelines to this effect, so I was wondering if somebody could tell me or direct me to where I could find out, what are the current allowable languages for posting and entries on the guide, and/or what are the restrictions?

Thank you!!
Lady K
~8~

Languages

Post 2

h2g2Support

Hi Lady K, welcome back.

We recommend that you only use English on h2g2, as non-English languages may be removed.
You can find it in the <./>HouseRules</.>.

Languages

Post 3

Hi, thanks for the direction. I was only wondering though, because after the onset of the new house rules, there was a move by some users and editors to begin allowing other languages. The one that was being tried just before I left was German, although French seemed to be allowed and Bubblish as well...

~8~

Languages

Post 4

Hi, thanks for the direction. I was only wondering though, because after the onset of the new house rules, there was a move by some users and editors to begin allowing other languages. The one that was being tried just before I left was German, although French seemed to be allowed and Bubblish as well...

~8~

Languages

Post 5

h2g2Support

Bubblish is allowed, although it has to be hidden until someone on our Moderation Team has translated it - it's based on Morse Code.

I (Linda) have been working on getting some of the pre-BBC Postings and entries back onto the site, but there are no current plans to do the same for languages posted since we came to the BBC.

Languages

Post 6

Ottox

If you're looking at pre-BBC postings, maybe you could visit the Polyglot Plaza, <./>A271379</.>?
Entire threads (that should be back!) are missing, though there are lots of posts completely in English. smiley - erm
(Which is the case many other places too, but the Plaza is a good place to start.... smiley - erm)

Languages

Post 7

Mina

I can't pick out individual threads to look at, and if the first Posting is in anything other than English it's going to stay referred, in a queue somewhere. Where it will have to stay waiting it's turn I'm afraid.

Removed

Post 8

Ottox

This post has been removed.

Key: Complain about this post