A Conversation for Morecambe.

Morecambe

Post 1

Franacropan

*Opens mouth to defend Morecambe but closes it again*

*thinks of something*.....*nope it's gone*

*20 minutes later* Lovely views over the bay of the Lake District.
Home of the traffic round a bout, courtesy of round-a-bouts 'R' us.
I have never seen the string of lights because I dare not venture on to the Promenade in the dark so I cannot comment. The Western themed fairground has been demolished, after all, who expects fair grounds at the seaside? They are reputedly going to build a super market there instead (no doubt complete with traffic round-a-bout).
You forgot to mention that the swimming complex has been shut for years and of course.....Blobbygate ruined Happy Mount Park, allegedly I hasten to add, allegedly to everything, I don't want to be caught up in Blobbygate.

Morecambe

Post 2

Researcher 182886

Don't forget the statue!

There is now a wonderful life sized statue of Eric Morecambe where you can see the locals laughing at the tourists doing the "bring Me Sunshine" dance steps.

Oh, and of course there's the lovely stobe lights in the steps up to the statue to send the old grannies into fits!

What a lovely place to live.

Morecambe

Post 3

Elite

This article is long out of date and I must update it sometime.

This was my first impression of Morecambe, I now live there and what I say is that It's a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there.

I love it here but there isn't much for the tourist. The statue is great, they did a real fine job there, and I love the summer festivals. But Blackpool it ain't...

thank God!

jim

Morecambe Bay

Post 4

Researcher 191459

When I was a kid, people used to take the mickey because I went on holidays to Morecambe bay when everyone else was off to the South of France or wherever.

But I remember the Wild Mouse, in it´s original, lethal incarnation,

My beloved Great Aunt winning the the Jackpot on the fruit machine,

And holding on for dear life to iron railings whilst a storm came off the bay sending huge waves flying 30 feet into the air then being in trouble for having orange hands.

I once saw Morecambe Bay looking west from High Street, the Roman Road up in the lakes, just as the sun was going down and it was like liquid gold.

So go look for Ms Brown, a floating chip shop, a pub where the sea calls time, quicksands ...

And then stop on the prom to see that sunset, again.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Morecambe.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more