A Conversation for Talking Point: Relatives, Don't You Just Love Them?

My Survival Technique

Post 1

Aleric B

Find a nice quiet corner to stay in all night, where you will be as inconspicuous as possible. Get a very stiff drink. Sit quietly and sip your drink. Leave your corner only for more alcohol. Should someone attempt to engage you in conversation, use only very short replies. Be somewhat cryptic whenever possible. They'll eventually give up. It works.

My Survival Technique

Post 2

Sprinks Leda

I've tried this - at my lace it results in shouting matches with ma over how I'm trying to be anti-social and don't want to be part of the family and want to destroy the family unit and so on.
Besides, with an alcoholic stepfather I've found that this only stirs up trouble.
I like to stay out of the way but still be seen. I say little, engage nobody in conversation, disagree with nothing, and generally annoy the hell out of my friends by continuing this behaviour with them or overcompensating for it.

My Survival Technique

Post 3

God of Laziness

I tried this technique as well, in two loctions. I attempted it at the first location several time. The first i tried it at this location, the location being an AA meeting in a church basement. There was no beer there, i felt the name Alcohaulics Anoynmous was a very misleading name, i was very upset, i expected to meet more of my kind. I sat in the corner discouraged, eventually this lead to a group hug. The next time i brought several 6packs, this lead to a group riot, after many beers had been drunk a full fledged party was started and i succesfuly stayed in the corner avoiding conversation. It does work well sometimes!!!

The other place i tried this, was at the Orchestra, nobody talked to me until the police arrived, i felt very satisfied. However the cello player glared at me everytime i got up for another glass of wine(very nice orchestra), i think he was just a selfish b*****d into music just for the publicity who got mad at me everytime i walked in front of him and people couldn't see him playing, b*****d.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more