A Conversation for Leonard Cheshire

Cheshire Homes

Post 1

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I was appalled to read in the Daily Mail yesterday that the management of Cheshire Homes want to change its name to something more contempory (for that read 'anodyne') like Equability UK smiley - grr.

In a circular to supporters they claim that the founder's name means little to people today. They say that the 'Cheshire' tag can be a barrier to the organisations goals. They weant instead to become 'the Google of diability'.

Well, if people nowadays know little about Leonard Cheshire, at least they have the opportunity to find out is there, if his name is still attached to the organisation. There must be many organisations etc etc etc of which I know little or nothing but, from time to time, I'm suddenyly stimulated to wanrt to find out. What will people find out by Googling 'Equability UK!? smiley - grrsmiley - steamsmiley - tomatosmiley - flansmiley - steam

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more