This is the Message Centre for AngelGabriel

Fishing

Post 1

AngelGabriel

I may be one of the blessed few to love my job. Yesterday I spent the whole day standing up to my waist in the surf casting for salmon. And I got paid to do so!

We were testing new lures, both plugs and tugs, to add to our inventory. And after barely 15 minutes Strike! and Slam! a ten pound Salmon junping to escape the hook embedded in his jaw. His highest leap took him almost 1.5 metres out of the water, but to no avail. 10 minutes later I let him slowly swim into my net. I didn´t kill this magnificent fighter, I only weighed him and sent him on his way...

You see, this is the time of year when salmon and other related fish, urged by water, temperature and light seek out their old bithplace and spawn. They may swim as far as 100 miles upriver until they spawn in a frenzy of activity. Many die, and many more fall pray to the greedy paws of bears and human fishermen who don´t have the decency to leave the fish alone during spawning. (Imagine getting laid for the first time in your life, you´ve walked across deserts and climbed mountains , and then someone whacks you across the back of the head with a hammer when you finally get it on! It´s unfair)

To be continued...

Fishing

Post 2

Kumetanzuka the capricious

I like the way you view it - a whole new perspective! smiley - smiley

Lady K
~8~

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AngelGabriel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more