A Conversation for Withnail and I (undergoing revision)

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 1

Huw (ACE)

http://www.h2g2.com/A485390

This is my first entry to be submitted for peer review, so be gentle!

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 2

Shorn Canary ~^~^~ sign the petition to save the albatrosses

This is one of my all-time favourite movies. Can't fault what you've said but I feel you could say so much more. Please. smiley - smiley

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 3

Huw (ACE)

Oh, all right then, since you asked so nicely! I'll have a bash when I get home from work tonight. In the meantime though, why don't you take a look at my club in Yahoo? I think the address is [URL Removed by moderator]

And lastly, thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to me!

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 4

Munchkin

More, more cries the crowd. A nice synopsis but you could write so more.
What about "We've gone on holiday by mistake!", the Poacher (a personal favorite), The Camberwell Carrot, Kiddies p**s and Lighter Fluid. Have you read the article on The Italian Job? I would look up the address but things are being very slow for me. It is a very good article on a film, and should give you an idea of what sort of depth you can go into. But a good start none the less.

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 5

Here hear (here hare here). Doh!

I tried your yahoo address and got a "The requested URL /withnailandi was not found on this server". Huff, tut smiley - winkeye

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 6

Huw (ACE)

Sorry, the URL is [URL removed by moderator]
This one DEFINITELY works!

As to my entry, I didn't want to give away too much about the film, but since this is apparently OK I'll get cracking as soon as I have time.

Again, thanks to both of you for the feedback. Since this is my first entry for editing it means a lot to me that you're taking an interest.

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 7

amdsweb

Hi,

One of *the* best films ever. I look forward to your expanded entry! Maybe a short bit on each of the main characters would be useful, along with the best quotes, and a description of the drinking games you alluded to could be included?

*waits with baited breath*

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 8

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Well, no use waiting any more -- The entry has been deleted, and there's nothing left to be reviewed !?

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 9

Mr. Cogito

Hello,

Huw's been deleting a fair number of his movie review entries lately. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm a bit non-plussed about it, since I think he does an excellent job, and I don't like to see useful entries go away.

Yours,
Jake

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 10

Perhaps he'll let us know why he's deleted it. I've just had a look at his page and he was logged on 3 hours ago and this conversation has popped up to the top so he'll notice. I was looking forward to seeing the entry finished. smiley - sadface

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 11

Huw (ACE)

Hello everyone

Firstly, I'm afraid I did delete this entry, and I must apologise for not asking for this thread to be removed. Sorry!

Secondly, thanks for the kind words, Jake, about my film entries, but this is the only one which I deleted. In fact, this is the only entry I've ever deleted, as far as I can remember. My entry on Magnolia still carries a recommended status, but it's disappeared from the coming up page, so I suppose it's in a sub-ed's queue (is that spelt correctly? I can never remember...).

Maybe I'll start again on Withnail and I. What does everyone else think? In fact, maybe I can be the resident film researcher? smiley - biggrin

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 12

Munchkin

Yes, definately. It is a fine film that needs an entry.

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 13

Mr. Cogito

Huw,

Sorry about the plural. We've had another research also deleting his movie reviews lately, so I accidentally inflated the number in my head. I still stand by my remarks about the quality of your research without any correction though. smiley - smiley

I think H2G2 is a fine place for movie reviews. Although we will never be as comprehensive as some other sites (like film critics), I think our members can provide interesting insights and excellent entries, especially on the cult nature of certain films that isn't really described in a simple review. I'm also interested in works that describe genres, series, and directors, but anything helps.

If you are interested, you might want to check out the H2G2 Film Society at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A270695 They seem a bit defunct now, but you might find it interesting.

Yours,
Jake

A485390 - Withnail and I

Post 14

Huw (ACE)

Thanks again Jake smiley - smiley

I've seen the Film Society before, but it seemed to me that they were more based on film reviews rather than factual entries. When I write about a film I'm just doing a factual entry for people who want to know about it, rather than reviewing it.

I agree with what you said about cult films though - there is most certainly a place for them on h2g2. They are too often overlooked, although I suppose they wouldn't be cult if that weren't the case smiley - winkeye

Thread Moved

Post 15

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Withnail and I (undergoing revision)'.

Back to Entry: article deleted. The topic was covered in A644618 'Withnail and I' - the Film

Key: Complain about this post