A Conversation for What is God?

'god' OR 'creator'

Post 1

krn

there is no lack of evidence of design in the natural things of the earth and of the universe. people can either put this down to a blind powerful force (evolution or chance), or an inteligent powerful force (a creator). in effect - caused by something or someone. but there is no doubt that there was deffinitely a CAUSE.

the fact that the universe DID have a beggining leads to the choice: if it was caused or was not caused (not caused is a dead end). if it was caused merely by blind chance, then life can have no lasting meaning. but if it was by an inteligent master designer, then there must have been a purpose, or meaning.

'god' OR 'creator'

Post 2

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Are you saying that God rules out evolutions as the reason we are here.

This is not so. As a Christian and scientist I have no doubt in my mind that evolution happened. Just look at the fossils and rocks and stars and theories about stellar brth and death. Evolution happened, and the Big Bang occoured. If God had just created the world from some rock and randomly placed fossils in the ground to suggest thet there was evolution then this would be a God who played tricks on us, not the God I know.

God is the driving force behined all of evlution, he was there looking after the tinyst changes in fish to meake them land worthy. But he is also there in the large things, such as the Big Bang. If you research the BB, really go back to the nanosecond that it happened and then try to explain before that point then it becomes uncomprehendible and God becomes one of the only plausible explanations.

That, coupled with the pure scientific probablility that one neutrino would interact with some aino acids creating thefirst cell being absilutly tiny weeney, the theories come down to multiple universies or God. If you don't mind I'll go with God.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more