A Conversation for The Korean Writing System (Hangul)

A470387 - The Korean Writing System (Hangul)

Post 1

Max C

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A470387

Some key facts about the interesting Korean writing system (i.e. alphabet). Maybe it doesn't have enough complete parapgraphs for an edited entry, but the signal to noise ratio is quite good I think.

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Indeed, S/N is far greater than 3dB smiley - smiley

In an effort to extract an intro and an outro to the entry from you... are newspapers and books also written in hangul? And, is it written from left to right, from top to bottom, or some other direction?

Post 3

Whisky

Nice one,

Any possibility of adding a link to a site where we could have a look at the alphabet, and maybe even learn it if its as easy as you say it is?

smiley - cheers

Whisky

Post 4

Max C

Many thanks to Bossel and Whisky. I've now managed to write a whole paragraph at the top, and a link to a good tutorial at the bottom.

Cheers,

M

Post 5

Whisky

Looking good smiley - biggrin

Post 6

indeed smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

This is an interesting article. THe sentence following sentence has a word missing: "That means you'll only get to with about 50 million people if you learn it".

Post 8

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Very interesting article.

I think I will make 'learning Korean' one of my long term projects smiley - winkeye

Well done Mr M

Post 9

Michael Notforyou

I think the title is a tad misleading. I would call it "The Korean Writing System/Alphabet (Hangul)"

Other than that....

*Michael Notforyou*
Official Scout, h2g2
Researcher U113408

Post 10

Max C

I've fixed the missing word.

Due to a lack of imagination, I'm not sure what the incorrect interpretation that could be taken from the title is. I didn't want to call it "The Korean Alphabet", because one of the interesting things is that it's an east Asian writing system that actually is an alphabet.

Further pointer appreciated.

M

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

This is great. Have some kimchi....

Thread Moved

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Korean Writing System (Hangul)'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Thread Moved

Post 13

Whisky

Ok, break out the smiley - bubbly, now you just have to wait for the sub-editor to do his job and you'll end up on the front page

congratulations
smiley - cheers
whisky

Thread Moved

Post 14

have another smiley - bubbly on my acount smiley - smiley !

Thread Moved

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

Have some ... oh, better make that some smiley - bubbly from me too.

Thread Moved

Post 16

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Congrats!

smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post