This is the Message Centre for Faegan's Girl - a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 1

Clip_per

Hello I'm new to h2g2 and am still finding my way around. Just thought I'd drop you a line and say Hi.

Have to say I envy you your country. Always wanted to visit Canada, some day I will; all that room and open space.

I used to camp and backpack alot, along with biking. Work and family pressures put a halt to most of these activities, but hope to encourage my off spring to have a go at the great out doors.

Well I have to keep this short, I'm at work and have am just finishing my break.

Cheers

Clip

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 2

Faegan's Girl - a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Hello there Clip! Good to hear from you. I am enjoying meeting new people on here. Where are you from?
I love the outdoors, but now that I have decided to go back to school I'm not getting too much time to enjoy it. If you like the outdoors, then this is definitely a great place to live.
I just finished a set of final exams today, so I'm looking forward to having some time to explore the site and talk to people a bit. It is getting colder out, so I'm not likely to find anyone to want to go camping with me, so I suppose this will have to do for entertainment for a bit. smiley - smiley
Hope to talk to you some time soon.

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 3

Clip_per

Hi there Faegan's Girl smiley - rose,

I live in England, County Durham; not far from a little market town called Barnard Castle, and yes it does have a real castle, a little the worse for a few hundred years ware, a bit like me smiley - biggrin

We, my wife and young daughter, live on a farm but we are not farmers but we all like the peace and queit of the countryside.

Like your part of the world it is getting very cold now; we've been told by the weathermen to expect the coldest winter for years smiley - sadface. We're paying for the very warm summer the UK has just had. I don't mind the cold or the frosty mornings, but we are experiencing very high winds, they are known as "lazy winds", they can't be bother to go round you, so they go through you! High winds have been common now for the last 14 years or so, before that they were rare, global warming maybe!

Will have to dash smiley - run, I'm just finishing my break and work and the boss calls.

Good luck with your exams, sure you'll fly through them.

Cheers

Clip

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 4

Hello! Living on a farm would be nice, like you say being out away from the bustle of the city. I live right in the city at this point, just me and Faegan, who is my smiley - cat. One day I would like to be in the country, I grew up in small towns.

I don't know exactly where County Durham is, I will have to look on my map. My grandfather grew up in Leeds, I have a friend outside of Weston-super-Mare, and I have a friend in Ireland (around Cobh). One day I will get over there to see where I came from, and visit the people I know. I've only seen pictures, and I'd like to see it in person.

It is 11 pm here, so it must be 3am there. You must be working nights. I actually like night shift in a way, things are a bit calmer. Still busy, but without a lot of the stuff that goes on in the day.

Over here, things are already all over the shops for Christmas. I'm not ready for that yet. Is it pushed as much over there?

Anyhow, I'll head off for now. Enjoy the rest of your night at work, and if I don't talk to you again tonight, I'll catch you again eventually I'm sure. smiley - biggrin

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 5

Clip_per

Hi again smiley - tea,

County Durham is in the North east of England. My wife was born and bred in Leeds but her mother and father moved away when she was about eight. She still has family living in Leeds. Leeds is a great place for a night out, just like any large city I suppose.

If you would like any information about Leeds let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Yes I am working night shifts, I do them permanently; I work seven days on and then have seven rest days, it’s the only reason I work nights, it gives me a great deal of free time to spend with my family. When I take leave into account I only work 22 weeks of the year, but my working week is 78 hours!smiley - groan No complaints, it's my choice and fits in well with the family and I like nights.

Christmas is very commercialized over here, they have been pushing it for quite a while, seems to get earlier each year. But I love Christmas time with my wife and daughter, though I will be working all Christmas this year and New Year as well, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles.

If the weather men are correct we may have a white Christmas, have not had one for a while. But if it does I reckon I will be press-ganged into making snowmen with my daughter!smiley - snowball

Cheers

Clip

Hi Faegan's Girl

Post 6

Sounds like you are a busy fellow! Your schedule does sound nice though, like you say the time off to spend with your family is a very nice thing, especially when your daughter is young. She may not notice it so much now, but she will later on in life, and she'll be glad she had that kind of time with you.

I imagine your daughter is getting excited about Christmas. Between me and the uni where I take my classes there is a private school, girls and boys for the first few grades and then girls only to finish high school. They are already starting to decorate classroom windows with Christmas things. One of my classmates went and got a Christmas tree this weekend. Granted it was an artificial one, because she isn't allowed to have a real one in her building, but still, it is a bit early for me. Once she did that I went out and got her an advent calendar. We both go off to visit our parents for the holiday, so instead of actually counting days till Christmas with it, we will do what we did last year and count days until the last day of class. That way none of the little chocolates get left over the holiday for the mice. smiley - tongueout

It sounds like we are to have a white Christmas as well. I always find it interesting where I am living now. I grew up in Alberta, where there is already snow on the ground which will likely stay now til spring. Here on the coast I suppose it is a little bit more like where you are. Though we still do get snow, but not until almost Christmas, and it disappears much earlier than it will at my parents as well. If you do get some snow, enjoy making snowmen and snow angels as well, I still do both, often in the school yard next door, or down in one of the parks. People look at me a little strangely, but I enjoy myself, and it makes me feel a bit like a little kid again for a while. smiley - laugh

I came home to a pleasant surprise today, a friend who is living in Oxford sent me an early holiday gift from England, a packet of Bassett's Lemon Bob Bons. I'll have to ration them out until next he is here, which will likely be in March. smiley - smiley

Well, I had better go for now. Need to make lunch for tomorrow and all that stuff. Hope you have a good day at work, or if you are on some time off now, then I hope you enjoy that! Will catch up with you again.

Cheers,

K

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Faegan's Girl - a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more