A Conversation for Worcester Sauce

Condiments

Post 1

Balsamic Dragon

Condiments are cool. So is this entry. Check out my home page for my entry (currently pending rejection) on mayonnaise.

PS, I pronounce it Wustershur Sauce.

The Brown elixir

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Wustah Sauce has a slight edge over Brahhhn Sauce (HP) in that it doesn't sink when you add it to drinks. Still Brahhn Sauce is "the world's most popular thick sauce", and favoured by Her Majesty, The Queen.

The Brown elixir

Post 3

Jan^

The two chemists who produced Wooster sauce were........no prizes for guessing......Messrs. Lea and Perrin. A few years ago the workforce at L&P threatened to strike, and quality newspapers, like the Sun, ran shock horror stories about a world-wide shortage of this vital condiment - until L&P pointed out that they had several years' supply left. The strike quickly folded.
Bloody Mary drinkers of the world sighed with relief and mixed themselves a stiff cocktail.

The Brown elixir

Post 4

benjymous

I have a poser for you:

which part of Worcester is the most unplesent during the summer?

Outside the L&P factory, or the sewage works?

(It might interest you to know that there is a swimming pool heated by the waste processes from sewage - I've personally never swum there)

The Brown elixir

Post 5

Have you experienced Worcester's Dutch rival Maggi?

The Brown elixir

Post 6

Jan^

Yes - there is no comparison, H&P is far, far better. Mushroom soy sauce is quite good though (the real chinese stuff, that is)

The Brown elixir

Post 7

I've not tried that; sounds good! I like to mix Maggi with melted butter and crushed garlic to use as a marinade for steak. In all other respects I prefer Worcester, though.

The Brown elixir

Post 8

benjymous

I've found it's pretty hard to get Worcester onto food, as the majority of it's inhabitants protest that they are quite fond of living there, and don't see hunger as an adequate argument for the cities destruction.

The Brown elixir

Post 9

I'm not sure that I follow. In all other respects, such as a place to practice yoga, I prefer worcester. HP and Worcester Sauce are both fit for a fry-up of the gods.

The Brown elixir

Post 10

benjymous

have you ever tried getting the houses of parliament into a frying pan?

The Brown elixir

Post 11

Is this Westminster Zen?

The Brown elixir

Post 12

benjymous

Is this Hackney Carma?

The Brown elixir

Post 13

After a moments reflection, I can't think why it it might be? Is my taste in sauce offensive?

The Brown elixir

Post 14

benjymous

offensive, no
strangely worded, yes

The Brown elixir

Post 15

Forgive my rudeness. I neglected to say that I enjoyed reading your original article.

The Brown elixir

Post 16

benjymous

why thankyou very much smiley - smiley

I have enjoyed reading your postings

The Brown elixir

Post 17

Thankyou. I have enjoyed this conversation. Sorry, again, about the bold stuff. It's time to say goodnight. "Goodnight, Benjymouse"

The Brown elixir

Post 18

benjymous

eek - less of the e's

(wow- far out man!)

The Slightly More Thick Brown elixir

Post 19

Divy

Unfortunately I think that both of you are neglecting to mention Marmite, which is a crying shame. I can't get enough of that wonderful yeast extract!!!!

The Slightly More Thick Brown elixir

Post 20

Jan^

Or if you come from Australia or NZ, it is vegemite. But it is too strong for cooking with I'm afraid....and it sinks in a Bloody Mary, which is of no use to anyone. Worcester sauce is the only one to use.

Key: Complain about this post