This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

Hootoversary

Post 21

Sho - employed again!

I'm something like 29th May 2000...

Hootoversary

Post 22

Orcus

Cripes, I appear to be a venerable researcher. More like reprehensible if you ask me smiley - winkeye

Hootoversary

Post 23

You can call me TC

Well, to be fair, we only heard about it here in Germany in about May 2000, and I looked at it straight away. If I hadn't been out of work at the time, I wouldn't ever have got to hear about it, as the item was on daytime radio.

Hootoversary

Post 24

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Venerable? smiley - seniorsmiley - biggrin

Hootoversary

Post 25

Orcus

My appearance here in 1999 was very brief, I looked and lurked, posted a bit then smiley - elvised for about a year so really you really were here before me I think. My real contribution here didn't start until I came back which was just before Rupert.

Hootoversary

Post 26

Digital Village was based in Covent Garden. It wasn't going to be easy for people in other countries to have heard of it. Ironically, by the time I realized the H2G2 existed, its found (Douglas Adams) was deceased. Maybe I heard about his demise because it happened in California, which is part of the U.S. news cycles. smiley - erm

Hootoversary

Post 27

aka Bel - A87832164

I joined on 12th June 2003, which means I'm nearing 16 years. Who'd have thought. smiley - bigeyes

Hootoversary

Post 28

You can call me TC

It seems rather a contradiction in terms that the Digital Village had an actual geographical location.

Hootoversary

Post 29

Recumbentman

November 2002 is the date on my personal space. I got involved in contributing to an Entry on the Dublin Spire, through which I got to know Gnomon and his talented family.

Hootoversary

Post 30

SashaQ - happysad

Happy Hootooversary smiley - magicsmiley - cake

I joined ye olde BBC Messageboards in 2007 but didn't open my h2g2 Personal Space until 29 July 2009 so I'm just approaching my 10 year Hootooversary! smiley - wow

Hootoversary

Post 31

"It seems rather a contradiction in terms that the Digital Village had an actual geographical location" [TC]

What we learned in 2011 was that, for legal purposes, a company needs to be located somewhere concrete. There are all sorts of things that governments like to have, such as an address to send their demands for tax payments to. smiley - evilgrin

Anyway, it serves DV right that they used the word "village" in their name. Except for Brigadoon and Shangri-La, most villages can be found by those who want to find them. No Internet surfing is necessary.

The "Digital" part, though; your point is well taken.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more