This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 1

You can call me TC

I made a cheese soufflé this evening. Well, threw it together really, using up old bits of cheese and some of the eggs left from the quiches I made for the rest of the office for my birthday. It was absolutely amazing. The most beautiful fluffy soufflé. It rose beautifully and was fluffy throughout. It was a lovely colour and we had it with some salad and some garlic bread which made the perfect meal.

There. That's enough patting myself on the back for now.

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

When I saw the subject line in my More Postings list I figured this had to be a 2legs conversation smiley - bigeyes

I will make a soufflé... one day smiley - ok

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've never made one either! smiley - wow and, I thought also when I saw the title, that it hasd to be a 2legs journal entry. err. which is even more daft now I think about it, for me to have thought that. I've n exuss though... my thinking is just so rubbish now smiley - laughsmiley - cdouble

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 4

Wand'rin star

Follow TC's method. They only work if thrown together. Recipes are a snare and a delusionsmiley - starsmiley - star

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

A cheese and corn souffle smiley - drool.

Now I have to make one. smiley - erm

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 6

You can call me TC

Without using a recipe, this is what I did:

Separate 4 eggs smiley - chicksmiley - friedegg
Whip up the whites till absolutely stiff (you can add salt and pepper, but I didn't - the cheese was pungent enough)

Grate or roughly chop all the end bits of cheese left in the fridge, according to consistency. The smellier the better.

Grease souffle dish or cake tin. Actually, I'm not sure you're supposed to do this, because of the egg whites not liking fat, but I did it anyway.

Melt a knob of marge, add a spoonful of flour (level dessertspoon max. - I've had white sauces go far too thick from using a heaped spoonful). Persist with a whisk so no lumps can form. Season (I use an all purpose vegetable stock powder.)

Add a good coffee mug full of milk smiley - milk, a bit at a time, letting it thicken and come to the boil after each addition, as you do. Don't stop whisking.

When it thickens for the last time, remove the whisk (change to a spoon) and drop in the cheese. Stir till the cheese has melted.

Mix the cheese sauce, the egg yolks and the stiff egg whites (you CAN use the electric hand mixer for this, but not for too long. Continue with the wooden spoon or spatula - but if you can't be bothered, it doesn't matter if some bits are whiter and others are yellower)

Pour the lot into the soufflé/cake tin and bake in quite a hot oven for 20 mins. For the final 10 mins you can chuck the garlic bread in with it.

I was surprised that 20 mins was enough, but it was cooked right through and had risen to twice the height, and was just the right colour brown on the top, so smiley - shrug

Voilà.

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 7

smiley - drool

I think I saw a TV chef making a soufflé from odd bits of cheese left over in the fridge recently. Or at least talking about it. There's one thing you're both confusing me with though - it's the 'bits of cheese left over'. That never happens at Castle Gosho smiley - winkeye

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 8

You can call me TC

Ah well, if you're going to buy some speshly, this was a little bit of leftover Swiss gruyère and some smelly, runny, Alsatian brie.

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 9

yeh... the 'left over cheese' thing confused me too smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - cheesesmiley - drool

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 10

I'm really, really have to make a soufflé soon smiley - drool. Your directions sound good. smiley - ok

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 11

You can call me TC

We are great cheese-eaters, but my excuse is that we had visitors over recently and offered a cheese board, and haven't managed to finish what wasn't eaten, because we rather over-did it.

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 12

No. no. no! I refuse to accept that it is possible to 'overdo it' when it comes to cheese! smiley - laugh its..... no... its just not possible! smiley - laugh OK... so I'm a bit obsessed by cheese perhaps... but... smiley - cheesesmiley - drool

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 13

I think you're normal about cheese. But be careful. You are what you eat.....

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 14

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Maybe you can wrap your heads around "cheese that has not yet been devoured" a bit easier smiley - winkeye

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 15

Sorry, my head doesn't wrap very well. smiley - headhurts

Fortunately, it will never have to go under a smiley - xmastree.

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 16

"cheese that has not yet been devoured" is what's for supper. Not sure where you're going with that, Amy, nor how it's going to end up anywhere except on a cream cracker smiley - tongueout

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 17

But once cheese *has* been devoured, it's too late for anyone but the one who devoured it to get any. smiley - sadface

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 18

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I meant, of course, "cheese that has not yet been devoured" as an alternative phrasing to "leftover cheese", which is anathemasmiley - winkeye

Dreamy, fluffy, cheesy

Post 19

I keep a packet of grated cheese on hand to sprinkle on chili or minestrone of pasta fazool.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more