This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

NaJoPoMo - 24 Nov 2015 - TC - OK, I know, I've missed a couple

Post 1

You can call me TC

A couple of things I could be doing this lunch break. Sending off an Amazon order. I've got everything already in the basket, but I'm waiting to see if I think of anything else. May as well get as many Christmas presents as I can before time runs out. I've chosen some Mr Men books for the grandchildren. They both love books and their Dads will be tickled pink when the see them!

Also I should be checking in for my flight to England on Friday. I might try doing it on my phone this time. Has anyone done that yet?

My colleague had her bar code ready on her phone when she flew from Hahn to Sardinia with Ryanair, but they refused to let her use it, as they said they weren't going to touch someone else's phone - what would happen if they dropped it? However, as I understand it, you hold it in the scanner yourself.

I had the barcode ready on my phone when we left San Francisco, but they asked if I wanted a paper boarding card when we checked in the cases. I said I did, which was better because I had both of our boarding passes on my phone which would have been a bit impractical.

So I haven't done it yet - just used the phone as a boarding card, I mean. Has anyone else?

---------------

On another note, as I have missed a couple of NaJoPoMo journals, I shall finish going through the magazine I started a few days ago. I really am beginning to wonder why I ever bought it.

Next up is an article about a woman whose job it is to tell people what to wear. Celebrities that is. E.g. Victoria Beckham wore Dolce sunglasses at a particular event because she recommended them to her. The job entails dressing people like Kim Cattral, Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez and Kylie Minogue. I wouldn't know where to start!

Then there's the usual run of "real life" stories - people with poorly parents, a girl who was adopted then found her real mother and discovered that she was the product of a rape.

What the really skinny stars eat (or don't eat) to stay skinny. Basically, sweet things aren't on the menu.

Pages of good-looking sportsmen. Well, they'll all be 12 years older now, too! Names and addresses supplied if anyone's interested...

What men think of the clothes girls wear to dates (I really don't know what I'm reading this for, but the men do display a lot of common sense. I can't stand cork wedge heels either)

It's back to BIG hair. Messy, fluffed up, long, and, of course, blonde. Followed by a refreshing make-up ad with a Lisa Stansfield look-alike. (Short dark sleek hair)

Mauve lipstick and mauve eyeshadow? - thank God that didn't catch on!

I don't think I'll regale you with any more of this stuff. And I'l certainly never buy any magazines like that again!

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"The job entails dressing people like Kim Cattral, Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez and Kylie Minogue. I wouldn't know where to start!"

Those stars are still going strong. If the tabloids are even close to right with their scare stories about Angelina Jolie's extreme weight loss, she going to need clothing in smaller sizes. But who cares about how much it costs for a new wardrobe when money is no object? smiley - laugh

"Followed by a refreshing make-up ad"

I have to hand it to the makeup people. It can't have been easy making Bruce Jenner look so much younger when he became Caitlynn.

"What the really skinny stars eat (or don't eat) to stay skinny. Basically, sweet things aren't on the menu."

We all know that the celebrity mags you see at supermarket checkout aisles assume that only women care about being thin, but it is also true that male models have to eat just a sparingly, too. Some athletes do, too, such as boxers who want to stay in a particular category by weight. And jockeys.

But if it were me, I would avoid those occupations. I just can't imagine life without anything sweet. smiley - sadface

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more