This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

NaJoPoMo - 21 Nov 2015 - TC - Well, that was nice

Post 1

You can call me TC

We escaped the world today and did exactly what I'd planned and it was definitely worth it!

First I went to the hairdresser's, then we went swimming, which was a good a way as any to wash out and off those annoying bits of hair.

My husband goes to the sauna, but I don't, but I just dozed on a lounger in the sauna area and read my book. (Remind me to tell you about that later).

Then, after a simple meal of salad and a drink of water at the swimming pool, we went to the museum. Our schedule was running a little late as my sister had rung just as we were leaving and we had quite a long chat.

So when we got to the museum we went and saw the film first. This was an Imax film about the Apollo moon missions, produced and (in the original) commentated by Tom Hanks. The exhibition of the Buran and loads of astronaut memorabilia was in a whole new hangar in the museum and we spent a lot of time reading up on the Apollo missions and their crews, and much space was dedicated to all the German astronauts that have been in space - some with Russian space missions, some with American - some with both.

The Buran itself looked from the outside as if it was made of Lego, and on the inside, I was immediately reminded of the Russian guy in Armageddon who mended everything by hitting it with a spanner. But it was obviously serious space travel stuff, and this exhibit has actually been in space.

There was also a section of the space lab - looks just like it does in the Big Bang Theory episode where Howard is in space. And there was an almost identical capsule which was the ESA space lab.

Somewhere I have a journal about when we went to visit ESA (it's in Darmstadt, less than 100 km from us).

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If the Apollo mission had failed, would NASA have issued an Apollogy?

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - groan

Post 4

Superfrenchie

You tell us a-paulh-o. smiley - smiley

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Good one, Superfrenchie smiley - ok.

smiley - herosmiley - artist

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more