This is the Message Centre for flyguy ( the airplane, not the zipper)

Hey Flyguy!!

Post 1

~Chairman~

Just popped in to say helooooooooooooo! smiley - smiley

Hey Flyguy!!

Post 2

flyguy ( the airplane, not the zipper)

and the same to you, tilde/charman/tilde, but with one more 'o'. My entry in the 'on-line' list doesn't say 'new this week any more, so I guess I'm an' oldie' now. Oh well. I'm still perusing other's entries before I can judge the tone - quite a mixture.
Anyway, thanks for the drop-in. ( if you didn't see the pic ( because Fotango was doing maintenance), try my page again. )

Hey Flyguy!!

Post 3

You can call me TC

Are you still interested in Germany, etc., If so, take a look at the new GerManiaConnection. http://www.h2g2.com/A448328

It will be regularly updated. Unfortunately, a disturbance on one of our hard drives has thrown me back a bit, but I shall add the updates soon. If you have any interesting information or a suggestion for a new section, just post it somewhere - I'll find it.

Hey Flyguy!!

Post 4

flyguy ( the airplane, not the zipper)

Hi tc. Thanks for the link - I checked it out quickly and will return later for an in-depth kuchma ( I'm at work now ). Yes I'm still interested.
Only thing that strikes me that I could contribute ( in so short a time) is the story of the 'bouncing bombs' which took out the Mohne dam & Krupp Steelworks on the Ruhr River back in WWII. But I notice an article on 'The Dusseldorf Bomb' has been deleted. Maybe we just want to stay away from the WW topic ??? I was one of 3 single guys living in barracks who travelled quite a bit - all on bicycle. It's no feat there, but by North American standards, 6600 km in 10 months is pretty good. We used to be able to go 90 km (Soest - Arnsberg return ) on a peanut butter sandwich - pretty good mileage. My wife and I 'did' Europe for a month in '71, and I returned to my old camp - it was then British; they let us in and we drove around reminiscing. The lack of security was interesting - when it was a Cdn camp, no-one other that 'on business' would get in.(is that what Anleiger frei means ??) We plan on returning again in 3 - 5 years.

Hey Flyguy!!

Post 5

You can call me TC

Hey thanks for telling me about the Düsseldorf Bomb article - did you click on the link in the list? I hadn't looked at it myself, but I am sure it is an article about a serious explosion in Düsseldorf Airport which took place about a year ago.

Await your input in due course.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for flyguy ( the airplane, not the zipper)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more