A Conversation for The three hundred challenge...

a460577 Three Hundred Challenge

Post 1

Norman

http://www.h2g2.com/a460577

Trying to get peer interest in my posting a460577, regarding the 3x100 challenge.

It sounds like a challenge that someone might be able to do, but quite dangerous. Has anyone else ever heard of it - probably has Australian origins.

More importantly has anyone ever tried it?

I think this sort of stupid human practise of near death by over exertion and excessive alcohol should be part of the guide along with the Darwin Awards.

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Why not pose this question in 'Ask the h2g2 Community'?

http://www.h2g2.com/Askh2g2

I've never heard of it, but it does seem to be some sort of elaborate ritualistic suicide... or part of a civil service exam.smiley - winkeye

JTG

Post 3

C Hawke

Has the feel of a myth that someone will try sooner or later - akin to the monopoly board pub crawl mentioned in the first Red Dwarf book - a drink at all the streets on the board in whatever city your board is set up for. This is now a well established drinking task for those serious in drinking, although the only person I know who done it didn't get drunk, just knackered from running around some quite obscure London streets trying to find a licenced premisise.

CH

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I'm not sure from the first posting if the author truly is aiming at getting this into the Edited Guide. If not, then the thread needs to be moved or removed.

If the author is interested, please post and tell us, and then we can discuss some.

smiley - smiley
Mikey

Post 5

Global Village Idiot

CH,
The Monopoly pub crawl was around long before RD - we did it for Rag Week back in '86...
GVI

Post 6

C Hawke

Just had to check your timing and I believe you - Red Dwarf The first book was published in 89, so I guess it was the book that made an existing thing even more popular.

The only person (and his wife) who I know to do it just got tired and de-hydrated, not plastered, as the amount of walking was higher than the amount of drinking.

If you ever come down Devon way there is the Topsham 10 to attempt al 10 pubs in the small town of the name. Only managed 9, the sprint to the last exhausted me and made a friend very ill (not off course due to the drink)

CHawke

Post 7

Global Village Idiot

Thanks, CH - I know Topsham, we stayed there not long ago - but I'm probably too long in the tooth for such adventures these days.

We're currently househunting in Exeter - do you know of any other nice areas for us to buy in?

PS - apologies for the thread drift smiley - smiley

Post 8

C Hawke

Not really, I used to live near the Quayside (St Thomas area) which was nice but near a main road, but there are places off set.

Radford road are is a no no, when you see 3 bed houses including sercurity bars for the price of a 2 bed flat you got to wonder.

I live in Exmouth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A224542) which is OK despite what the entry says. Amazing there isn't an Exeter entry yet,maybe one to get on and do.

CHawke

Post 9

Martin Harper

Hmm - well until I hear of anyone actually doing it, or until the entry contains some quotes from someone who has done it, or a link to the official 300 challenge website... sorry - I reckon this is fictional and hence not suitable for the Guide. I think it should be moved to the workshop with "try this at home!" tagged onto it... smiley - winkeye

Post 10

Dr Hell

Norman's not been back yet, and there's some dust on this entry...

Post 11

Kenrick

The author seems to have gone away. I think this should be moved to the Sin Bin.
Comments please,
Kenrick

Post 12

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Ill'second a move to Ask h2g2 - or the bin - whatever is deemed appropriate

Post 13

Kenrick

I've posted a request for this conversation to be moved to the 'Ask the h2g2 Community' section, or the Sin Bin, whatever the in-house team think is best.

Kenrick

Thread Moved

Post 14

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'The three hundred challenge...'.

Back to Entry

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The three hundred challenge...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more