mishmash

Entry: Flushing - A460513
Author: Researcher 158239 - U158239

Nice intro to Flushing NY

A460513 - Flushing

Post 2

echomikeromeo

Hi Rudy, welcome to h2g2 and Peer Review!smiley - biggrin

I see you've jumped right in without even having been welcomed (it's unusually quiet today, but someone'll be sure to give you a welcome message soon) and so that probably explains why you seem to have submitted four entries to Peer Review that don't exactly match the <./>writing-guidelines</.>. You see, Peer Review is for entries that are factual, sort of like an encyclopedia. The entries you've submitted are better suited to Writing-Alternative or <./>ThePost</.>, as those are good places to put entries, like these first-person narratives, that don't fit the writing guidelines.

You can remove the entry from Peer Review by clicking on the 'x' button next to where it appears in the Review Forum listing. Then you could try submitting it to another forum, where you might get some good responses - since, as a non-factual piece, I think this is pretty interesting.smiley - biggrin

smiley - dragon

A460513 - Flushing

Post 3

Mu Beta

I think rudy might have escaped an ACE welcome because he originally signed up about 4 years ago... smiley - winkeye

B

A460513 - Flushing

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

And what's more he's submitted someone else's entry in this thread. Are the other the same?

A460513 - Flushing

Post 5

echomikeromeo

They're all from Researcher 158239. Rudy looked new to me, I didn't know.smiley - erm

smiley - dragon

A460513 - Flushing

Post 6

echomikeromeo

Wait... I think I'm getting it... Researcher 158239 is Rudy's original account from 5 years ago, and this is them getting back into things?

Well, I guesss we'll just have to wait for them to come along and answer for themselves...

And we really need a neutral third-person pronoun on this site!

smiley - dragon

A460513 - Flushing

Post 7

Mu Beta

Not blaming you, EMR. Just being cynical old me... smiley - winkeye

B

A460513 - Flushing

Post 8

mishmash

Hello folks, this is Rudy! Let me clear this up. I'm newsmiley - smiley! I just found out about this wonderful place. I live in Queens, NY and searched for any reviews and found these four reviews written 5 years ago by someone else. I wanted them to get into the "edited" status but wasn't sure how this worked exactly even after reading the FAQ. Also, I have written 2 reviews and submitted them, but how come they don't show up on a search? Hope to read a response soon!smiley - run

A460513 - Flushing

Post 9

echomikeromeo

Hi Rudysmiley - smiley

Have you read the <./>writing-guidelines</.>? This is where to go if you want to see how to write entries suitable for the Edited Guide. The four you've submitted are very nice, but as they stand at present they're not suited for the EG. You can't have any first-person stories as a general rule, and the entries should be fact-based, sort of like an encyclopedia (but more funsmiley - smiley).

Generally we just submit our own writing to Peer Review... I'm not exactly sure what the rule on this is. But I encourage you to try with more stuff! If you want to write entries about the place you come from, maybe you should check out some of the many Edited Entries on New York City at C557. There's no entry on Queens yet... maybe you're the person to write it!

smiley - dragon

A460513 - Flushing

Post 10

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

If something was written by someone who is no longer active and you think it could make a good Edited Entry then you can copy and paste it into a blank entry of your own, credit the original researcher, make any neccessary changes and then submit it smiley - smiley

Its also desireable to leave a message for the original researcher saying you intend to do this, asking if they mind, and giving them a couple of weeks to answer before submitting it to Peer Review

A460513 - Flushing

Post 11

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

can we get rid of this from here, Flea Market bound ?

A460513 - Flushing

Post 12

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Back to entry I reckon - the Flea market is for entries that can be finished off by other Researchers and include enough of the original content to be able to give the author a credit. There's not enough here for anyone to build an entry on. If someone needs inspiration to write an entry about Flushing, someone else should suggest it in Challenge h2g2.

A460513 - Flushing

Post 13

echomikeromeo

Yes, quite, back to entry. I'm seconding that proposition.

smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post