A Conversation for Being Pretentious

grrrrr

Post 1

La Justine

I hate you. I was going to do a guide to being pretentious and now you beat me to it. grrr. But I'm a student at Cambridge, so I should be more of an expert! I'm still gonna do my own guide... it was going to be very much along tyhe lines of yours actually.
I haven't donbe much yet (saving it for after exams) but my website is at [URL removed by moderator]
Justine

grrrrr

Post 2

Showpony

Apologies, Cambridge under-grad.

You could always do a doctoral post-modern pretentious thesis.

smiley - winkeye

grrrrr

Post 3

Showpony

By the way - best of luck with your exams.

And I look forward to reading your article on being pretentious. I would never claim to have the monopoly on it. That would be just too much.

grrrrr

Post 4

La Justine

Thanks! will need luck.
well, if you don't claim the monopoly on pretentiousness you're not taking it seriously. If you are truly pretentious you must believe you are the only one who is.

"Is arithmetic synthetic?"
(Cambridge Philosophy Tripos part II exam question)

grrrrr

Post 5

Showpony

Dunno about that. The post-modern pretentious thinker must readily accept that current orthodoxy (ie: set out by the person in question) is not necessarily definitive. The science of pretention should allow for the development of belief.

So nyah!

Oh - and yes, arithmetic is synthetic. Some sort of horrendous nylon/rayon hybrid. Bloomin' awful thing it is.

grrrrr

Post 6

La Justine

well, but what is the difference between the word "water" and its extension?
eh?

I have just registered the domain
[link removed by moderator]

grrrrr

Post 7

Showpony

Pressure. And spelling.

grrrrr

Post 8

La Justine

i meant the domain [URL removed by moderator]
I think it's quite cool

grrrrr

Post 9

Showpony

Ah, I see. Sorry.

I'm afraid it's been moderated...

grrrrr

Post 10

La Justine

why do they keep doing that? it is called pretentiousf**k. and they will probably censor the f**k as well. maaan. free speech eh?
I can smell vogons

grrrrr

Post 11

Showpony

Cool. I've never been linked to another website before. How pretentious is that?

Better? Better? Never!

grrrrr

Post 12

La Justine

Ah, you will see. I've been writing on my guide, will update it soon... ha!
And I make T-shirts! I have a black top saying pretentnious in white spraypainted letters, with little glittery things as the dot on the i. Beautiful. Let me know if you want one smiley - smiley

grrrrr

Post 13

Showpony

Would it match my crumpled white linen suit?

If so, I'll have two please...

grrrrr

Post 14

La Justine

Might do... I will put a photo up as soon as I get them developed

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more