A Conversation for Don't Panic

Journal Deleting

Post 1

mondo

Any idea when the ability to edit and/or delete forum entries might be coming online?

The older one take up a bit of screen "realestate", so it would be nice to delete those that are no longer relevant, or even to archive them to another page, and just have the 3-5 most recent ones on the users page.

Any ideas?

mondo

Journal Deleting

Post 2

Bruce

Hi
I can't help with when the new forum features might be arriving but I can tell you that only the 5 recent journal entries are displayd on your page

;^)#

Journal Deleting

Post 3

mondo

Thanks for that Bruce. I (obviously) didn't know that.

Journal Layout

Post 4

9-O-Jellyclock

What would be really nice is if the posted journal entry bore even the remotest resemblance to the preview of the very same text. i.e., instead of it getting translated into a thin column with extra breaks between the words and loads of extra lines inserted apparently at random ... it plays hell with poetry ...

Journal Layout

Post 5

Bruce

The h2g2 site resizes things like the joournal entries to fit across various sceen/browser window sizes. It does this by wrapping the lines onto new lines in the space between words. It will also start a new line wherever you explicitly enter a new line (carriage return/enter key)

hope it helps
;^)#

Deleting Journal Entries

Post 6

9-O-Jellyclock

... hey it's 24 weeks since I last checked and the words from 'Up There' are still that we will
"... soon be able to delete and edit journal entries". I was just wondering what sort of a timescale
we're working to here, and whether or not it's one that's protracted enough to overlap my lifecycle
completely? I can't even remember writing those journal entries. I think somebody put them there
to make me believe I was losing my memory.

It's working!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more