A Conversation for Shoplifting in the Real World

A449732 Shoplifting

Post 1

Elvis (the King) Mirani:Drinker of Chai, Abuser of Caffiene(in whatever form), Chaser of Chicks and Lover of Bombay (Mumbai now)

http://www.h2g2.com/A449732

IT's a short guide to shoplifting (mostly in Bombay)
I'm posting this again becuase I screwed up last time (so what else is new) by posting an obsolete link

A449732 Shoplifting

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Okay, I first read this piece about 3 weeks ago. Since nobody else has dared comment since, here I go.

First, I don't think you'll find the Guide including Edited articles with instructions on how to perform illegal activities - that could get them in very hot water (the exception might be "victimless" crimes, such as those sex- or drugs-related, but I digress...)

Sceondly, on a personal level I don't condone what is basically very selfish, childish behaviour - nor do I feel that writing about it is much more grown up than doing it. This isn't about stealing bread to feed a starving family, it's about stealing CDs to impress your friends.

It's not clever, because everyone who pays for stuff (that's me and almost everyone else here) ends up paying for your activities - it's not as if the companies are going to go bust. Ever wonder why they "**** around with people, overcharging them for crap"? Partly to pay for what thieves take, is why.

Anyway, I'm not going to recommend this or any variant of it.

GVI

A449732 Shoplifting

Post 3

shrinkwrapped

I totally agree, GVI. As a piece of writing, it's okay, but actually telling people how and, specifically, where to shoplift really isn't going to be appreciated by the Editors and certainly not by me. The reasons you give for why shoplifters usually do what they do is enough to put me off... I think they are lame, and poorly disguised excuses for selfishness. You don't NEED music products. You don't HAVE to be ripped off - don't like the price? Don't buy it (but don't take it either).

While, in some ways, it's just the sort of thing the Guide needs (i.e. practical advice for real-life situations) it's certainly not the sort of thing I would encourage, so I won't be reccommending this either. Maybe you could write about something that isn't socially irresponsible? Great.

A449732 Shoplifting

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved out of Peer Review because it incites people to break the law - not something we condone.

A449732 Shoplifting

Post 5

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

It's also kind of location specific. This is an international forum afterall. smiley - smiley

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

15 Shoplifiting Arrests and Counting

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Shoplifting in the Real World'.

Back to Entry - article hidden.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more