A Conversation for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future With Douglas Adams - Programme One

transcript

Post 1

james

please make a transcript avalible as a guide entry for all those unable to listen in ,and for later reference

transcript

Post 2

The researcher formerly known as binky

You may find that copyright for the complete programmes may rest with the BBC and therefore the guide may not have rights to post the transcripts.

Neil.

transcript

Post 3

The researcher formerly known as binky

The following is from http://www.douglasadams.com/news/index.html

> *** Full transcripts of the series, programme by programme, will be published on h2g2
> as well as details of a very cool competition. Not quite sure what it'll be just yet...so
> details will follow.

So it looks like your wish will come true.

Neil.

transcript

Post 4

Soph

This was, in fact, a co-production between h2g2 and the BBC and as such we have full rights to the footage, both audio and visual, and plan to stream it on the site as soon as we have the capabilities to do so. In the meantime, you can hear the series on the BBC site....

transcript

Post 5

Pastey

quelsmiley - smiley

smiley - fish

transcript

Post 6

Dudemeister

Does the BBC website have up a streaming broadcast of Radio 4?. I can't remember, and I don't feel like browsing for it right now (ie. laziness prevails). How about posting links to Real/WindowsMedia or equivalent recordings so that folks can listen in on ye olde world wide dweeb, worldwide? Just like I can watch the latest BBC news (after I have seen the world service broadcast on the Canadian news channel, I can get all the tasty bits from the UK broadcast - This may sound masochistic, but perhaps this is an indication of the state of the TV programs I am left to watch otherwise on 60-odd cable channels - I am not a WWF or country music fan, and will not buy cheap jewerly advertised on the Shopping Channel, I do not need to be told what the weather is like outside either - I just look out a window or go out in the garden).

I suspect even if I can find R4 on my old computer, I will not be up at 6am listening in on Wed. morning.

transcript

Post 7

Binky

Check http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/ and you'll find realaudio/video stuff from the first programme. There is a stream of the whole programme plus extended interview segments.

transcript

Post 8

Dudemeister

Thanks!

transcript

Post 9

Orinocco (R51290)

OK.
So, where ARE the transcripts ?

transcript

Post 10

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired