This is the Message Centre for The Snark

Furzton Lake

Post 1

The Snark

Some say that Milton Keynes is a UK city designed by aliens for the purpose of alienating. Not me. I think of it as the St Peterberg of the midlands. There is a lake somewhere in Milton Keynes called Furzton with a pub on the corner. (MK is like that - in most towns streets have a pub on the corner, but in MK lakes have a pub on the corner). Last night I met someone in that pub who worked for H2G2.com. That's why I signed up here.

Furzton Lake

Post 2

Xony

...and we're very glad that you did!

Previously I associated MK with fields full of concrete cows, a hideously complicated web of roundabouts and a sprawling shopping centre. I now admit to having found a cool pub at Furzton Lake with some very friendly and inspiring regulars smiley - smiley The quiz nights also seem to be well attended.

Unfortunately I didn't see much of the lake itself - something to look forward to another time.

Of course, Milton Keynes is also convieniently located for Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit. Currently home for the British Formula 1 Grand Prix, it is also a terrific place for absolutely anyone (with a valid driver's license) to go and try out driving a Lotus Elise, single seater Formula First, Rally car or Quad bike. They also offer the chance to try a skid pan or autotest, although my own experience wouldn't recommend it! (My head still hasn't stopped spinning smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Snark

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more