This is the Message Centre for KWDave

Sunset

Post 1

KWDave

Sunset is a ritual in Key West. It's not that we have the only sun that sets, it's just that it's almost the law that you must take a time out, sit down, and enjoy it.

There are several ways of doing this. You may retire to your personal private sunset viewing station, and enjoy the serenity in solitude. You may choose to congregate in the carnival atmosphere of Mallory Square with a thousand or so of your newest friends, and celebrate it out with a thunderous round of applause as it hits the water.

You can book a sunset sail on any number of charters, and sail off into it, glass of champagne in hand. Or, as those in the know do, you can choose a happy hour bar, become a regular, and have a ring side seat whenever you choose.

Whatever your preferred method, one thing is for sure; the sunset doesn't end when the ball is swallowed by the horizon. Depending on cloud formations, tide, and wind, a light show of Hubbell magnitude commences about ten minutes after the sizzle. The gorgeous display of color and cloud can continue for up to 45 minutes on a clear day.

Throw in a fingernail of rising moon, or Venus on a bright night, and you've got the recipe for a perfectly memorable experience.

So remember, it will set without you. But it will more fun if you watch.

Sunset

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

*makes a note on her places-to-visit pad*
Thank you for this description, KWDave, I almost felt like I was there...
You are a very descriptive writer, well done!
I saw your note about me on your page, if you like you can link to my page, or the Keepers page, or both!
Do you know how?
I'll tell you anyway...
For Guide ML:
Galaxy Babe
Keepers
I have almost a hundred Keepers now, and a drop-down list!
*very proud*
Take care,
Galaxy Babesmiley - flyhi

Sunset

Post 3

That should be A441596 for the Keepers page, sorry!smiley - hug

Sunset

Post 4

KWDave

Thank you for your visit. I have been so busy, I missed it, and I apologize!

I am doing the cut and paste thing right now...

Very nice to hear from you again.

Sunset

Post 5

KWDave

The best thing about all aspects of the Internet is that they keep one humble.

My first attempt to incorporate GuideML in an entry was hopelessly pathetic. I will seek knowledge, and return to try again.

Sunset

Post 6

I know the feeling, I never knew what it was, until I joined h2g2!
I'm no expert now, but I'm amazed at what I can do!
If you need any help, just ask.
If I don't know, I'll find someone who does!smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KWDave

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more