This is the Message Centre for Kristina the Flamenco Dancer - PS of Duende, Muse

Just Checking...

Post 1

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - tit
You wouldn't happen to know a young teenage unau, would you?
smiley - huh
B4wefindoutthisisacasofmistakenidentity

Just Checking...

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

This is my smiley - dragon identity - whenever Kristina logs on as herself, you'd better watch out, because it means she's in a smiley - steam mood...

Just Checking...

Post 3

smiley - laugh
Thought so.

TAG! You're "it".
smiley - run
B4iscourtherestofHooTooforotheriterationsofourspeciallittleelf

Just Checking...

Post 4

smiley - ski
So, when you get back from the Suisse Alpen, go ahead and tell me how you ended up running a biker bar, and what connections you might have with motorcycles, anyway.
smiley - biker
B4someonepromptsyoutodustoffthecounter&restocktheshelves&starttappingakegofbeer

Just Checking...

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

*makes the evil-eye gesture at B4 to keep him busy long enough for her to collect her thoughts*

Just Checking...

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

And that'd be *Austrian* Alps, so there!smiley - nahnah

Just Checking...

Post 7

smiley - earth
Austrian Alps, Swiss Alps! What's the difference?
smiley - eureka
Oh. France. Switzerland. Italy. Austria. Germany. Oh.
smiley - bigeyes
Well... Welcome back. Do tell how it went. Not necessarily here; on Your Space would likely be best. But, do leave me a link. I know, I have you bookmarked as a friend and it'll show up on the new postings list, yet it'd be a real treat if you'd nudge me in that direction.
smiley - ski
B4iask2seeallthephotosyouhavesnappedwhileonvacation

Just Checking...

Post 8

smiley - steam
You probably don't remember this from A YEAR AGO, but if you still have the memories intact enough to describe the trip, I'd like to hear about it...
smiley - magic
B4ibecomeold&senile&donotevenrememberiaskedyoutwice

Just Checking...

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, let's see... last year the summer was unusally late in arriving to Austria, even for the Alps, so it wasn't very warm, and cloudy a lot of the time. And a bit rainy.

But the scenery was breathtaking all the same, from our balcony, with chairs, a table, and a row of flower boxes with beautiful flowers along the railing. And a roof over the balcony, so it didn't matter if it was raining. A glass of local white wine (quite nice) and maybe some snacks...

I had booked us (mother and myself) into a rather luxurious apartment hotel, which had everything you might need (not only pots and pans and a coffee brewer, but top notch stove, microwave, can opener, corkscrew, wine glasses, dishwasher - well, everything, really). And clean towels each day. I've never before stayed at such a luxurious place - during most of my travels I've been staying at youth hostels and the likes in order to be able to stay longer.

It didn't have any breakfast/dining room though, so for all our meals (half board, so breakfast and dinner) we had to walk (very short walk, 5 minutes at the most, but steep downhill) to Hotel Salzburger Hof, where we had a young, male waiter attending us at every meal.

Buffee style meals, so I was able to maintain my lowcarb way of eating and even lost some weight - during a holiday week! Never happened before, I think.

And the people in the village of Bad Gastein are in no hurry what-so-ever, which makes it so much easer to relax and wind down. On our very first visit there, we saw farmers using scythes to cut the hay (or what was to become hay once it had dried), because the slope was so steep you couldn't possibly use a harvesting machine there.

One of the members of our group remarked 'but doesn't it take an awful lot of time?' whereupon our guide replied 'but these people have all the time in the world!' - and that's certainly the impression you get.

Also, because of the proximity to the Italian border, you get a taste not only of Austrian cooking, but also several of the Italian delicacies such as Parma ham, Parmesan cheese and so on.

Looking for a last-minute trip there again this year, but in July this time, hoping the weather will be a bit better.

Just Checking...

Post 10

smiley - biggrin
Aaah... Thank you. That was worth waiting for. An enjoyable vignette, a slice of your life, shared to become a wider history.
smiley - cool
Close your eyes for a minute. Let the images from the balconey come back to mind once again. Breathe in the fragance of the flowers and the nuances of scent from the landscape. Feel the light breeze through your hair as the day draws down toward evening and the shadows begin to change the colors and hues upon the hills.
smiley - magic
Now wasn't that nice to remember?
smiley - cheerup
Think back. When you went to Hotel Salzburger Hof and sat down to dine, did your Mother give you "the look" when the Waiter finished talking with you at the table? Did you steal a quick glance in his direction as he departed? Did the two of you giggle?
smiley - laugh
I suppose you were very grateful for the more leisurely pace you described, after all the work you'd been doing at your job. And I guess your Mother appreciated the unhurried lifestyle you witnessed from the local folks. When you take your next holiday, or even any short time away to visit a place you've not yet been, please be sure to post the tale of your travels.
smiley - run
B4iaskyou2becomeatourguide

Key: Complain about this post