A Conversation for Body Language

Oh God!

Post 1

Researcher 99947

Rolling the eyes... sure, you see people do this when they're exasperated with a certain person, and, more than likely, you've done this yourself, when you're quite fed up with a person's actions/demands. However, while you do this purposely (mostly), it should be noted that, after a time you'll do this quite unconciously.

In fact, *I* have been caught rolling my eyes quite a few times at work, usually at the futile attempts of people trying to use the credit card machine; everyone seems to make it a point to tell me how every single one is different, that there should be a universal, when all I can think is: "Can this person READ??!!??!!" I have yet to see one of these machines without instructions, and my mind simple can't cope with the widespread inaneness. I have utterly lost the conscious decision to roll my eyes, and it seems that I do so without thinking any longer- leaving me, often times, with very unruly costumers, who think it quite rude that I should be so open with the fact that they're walking asses.

Oh God!

Post 2

KWDave

I agree, you must be careful about the eye-rolling business. I work in a retail environment where intoxicated people stroll in off the street to shop, and one is taxed to the limit to be sociable and courteous.

A very small blonde came up one night, unfolded and peered drunkenly at about twenty shirts, and then began blowing garlic-beer/vodka breath in my face. Apparently my eyes rolled up in my head of their own accord due to the toxic environment. She then proceeded to drunkenly harangue my manager for the next twenty minutes, insisting that I had "rolled my eyes at her request for assistance."

Nothing came of it, since my manager suggested at last that she take her custom elsewhere, or find herself assisted off the property by local law-enforcement, but it was a miserable twenty minutes. Watch those rolling eyes!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more