A Conversation for Directory of Music-Related Entries

The Baroque Music Project

Post 1

Kes

For your information, the Baroque Music project referenced on this page was released on January 3rd. It comprises a set of linked articles, prepared as an h2g2 University project.

My thanks to those who offered help and suggestions while the project was under way, especially:

Joanna, Princess of Darkness
Alien
Fragilis

The next Uni. project will be on French Music from 1870 to 1940 ... anyone interested in joining the team?

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks for the info, Kes. And you're very welcome, of course.

Do I need to change the link on this page, or is it still okay as it is?

Of course, do let me know when the next project has a page I can reference. I'll give it an advert on the Guild's main page, and add it to the music directory page too.

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to be very helpful with French classical music. It's not one of my areas of strength.

Post 3

Kes

Thanks. I will post here when I have written the Project submission - giving you the address. An advert at that point will be very useful! The Baroque project worked out very well, so it's worth doing another one!

Post 4

Kes

Hi.

I have outlined the next project (French Music 1870 - 1940) in a short Guide entry at A505423.

I'd be most grateful if you could advertise this around the Guild, to see if anyone would like to join this project.

Thanks

Kes

Post 5

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I've added a link to the directory and the Guild's main page. Good luck on the project! smiley - smiley

Post 6

Kes

Many thanks!

Post 7

Seth of Rabi

What's involved, Kes?

Post 8

Kes

Initially, I am looking for volunteers to take on some writing. Specifically, to do one of the following:

- pick a composer off the Project list, and prepare a biography (with musical style notes) which can be linked into the other bios and the covering article.

- contribute to the covering article after I've done a first draft.

If you're interested, after reading the Project submission, let me know smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more