A Conversation for History of the Transformers

I loved them

Post 1

Seagull's Lost Horizon

I always wanted to get Rodimus Prime, but never did, I used to read the comic until it stopped,

the quality of the toys went down hill, they stopped putting that special sticker on them to tell if they were autobots or decepticons, and they were made party out of metal in the beggining but by the time the Action Masters when they didn't even transform they were all plastic, and after the comic ended that was that for me,

didn't know about all the other stuff after 95 though

still want Rodimus Prime I'll never forget

I loved them

Post 2

I loved them too smiley - smiley

I loved them

Post 3

Baach U Man!

Does anyone know how much the Transformers movie is worth on video?
My friend said he had it when he was young but he thinks it may have been thrown out. A guy in a comics shop told us people don't sell it anymore because it was going for ridiculous prices.
It's probably lying up in his loft or something, anyway.....

cheers

I loved them

Post 4

areplacementname

No, it's pretty cheap on reel.com....and they have preorders for it on DVD. Check it out!

I loved them

Post 5

Seagull's Lost Horizon

its a pity I didn't look after my transformers, i had this terrible habit of playing with them and most are broken in some way, but they might of been worth something now

I loved them

Post 6

Baach U Man!

Yeah it is a bit annoying that. Me and my friends either played with our transformers so much that they fell apart, or for some reason which I can't think of we threw them down drains.
The same fate befell my Star Wars figures, I had them all!
Why didn't i think?

Oh well.....

I loved them

Post 7

Ford 'ix' Prefect

there is now this wonderful place where one can bid on just about any and everything

it is called ebay

I loved them

Post 8

Seagull's Lost Horizon

i never thought of that, don't know what my wife will say when I start buying toys again, might have to wait till we get some kids first.

the return of the 80's

Post 9

Riding Shotgun

The Japanese toy company Takara, along with its North American counterpart, Hasbro, predicted the rise of nostalgia among children of the 80's and have been re-releasing the classic Transformers toys - same material, sculpting, paintjobs ... even the packaging is very similar.
Toys 'R Us (I don't know if there are any in Britain, but they sell on-line through Amazon) has the exclusive mass-marketing rights outside of Japan.
The re-releases so far include Jazz, Smokesscreen, Prowl, Starscream, Thundercracker, Optimus Prime, Megatron ... and a slew more that have been released in Japan but haven't been packaged for the rest of the world yet. They generally run around $30 (don't know what that is in pounds) and are a hell of a lot cheaper than buying the originals, which can reach several hundred dollars over ebay.
They don't have Rodimus Prime yet, but they did put out Hot Rod (pre-Matrix Rodimus Prime) and you can still find it online for about $25-$30.
If your wife gives you flack, tell her they're an investment.

the return of the 80's

Post 10

Seagull's Lost Horizon

i diud actually see octimuc prime in virgin music shop, quite surprised, I love toi have rodiums and wreck garr.

Key: Complain about this post