This is the Message Centre for Knifee, Thingite in charge of stuff you shouldn´t run with. Back from being away

Just an observation

Post 1

Oom Foofoo

Hey Knifee, Im quite new round these parts so Im making it my business to check out all the threads i find interesting in the 'ask the h2g2 community' conversations - its taking a while but Im getting there slowly but surely. Anyhow, I digress, rather than bring back a really old conversation to the top of the pile I thought I'd drop you a line here instead.

Im referring to your topic of 'Strange things to eat' (or words to that effect) from ages ago, which automatically grabbed my attention cos Im well into eating bizarre stuff even things which arent intended for human consumption, and I wanted to ask a question - ages ago I remember watching a Bjork interview (am a big fan) where she was talking about a traditional shark dish from here native land where the fisherman all pee on the shark before its buried and left to rot a bit. Now is this the delicacy to which you were referring? Did you know about the pee thing and just left out that detail to reduce the 'ick factor' for people or did you not know about the pee or is the delicacy available without pee? Honest to God Im not obsessed with pee or anything Im just curious. I mean it would certainly explain the ammonia aspect of it. And on that note......

smiley - smiley

Just an observation

Post 2

Knifee, Thingite in charge of stuff you shouldn´t run with. Back from being away

In the interests of replying to posts i have let lay dormant for a long time, yes i did know that was the way they did it, though as far as i know what I had wasn't made in quite such a traditional way.... and yer i would have thought i left it out for the sake of not starting 'that' conversation

Just an observation

Post 3

lots of sake I presume

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Knifee, Thingite in charge of stuff you shouldn´t run with. Back from being away

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more