A Conversation for The H2IQ Quiz - Be The First Among Equals

Wednesday 3rd January 2001

Post 1

GreeboTCat

Grobbo N. Cat, my naughty brother, was working for a large construction company that was concerned about employee theft. Someone tipped company security that Grobbo was the cat to watch. Each night, Grobbo passed through security with a wheelbarrow full of scrap lumber, discarded electrical wires and chunks of concrete. The security guards checked the contents daily, but could find nothing of value. What was Grobbo stealing?

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

wheelbarrows?

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Wheelbarrows! smiley - smiley

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Dang! Well done, GB!

Post 5

~curtseys~
If that answer is correct, Greebo, I bequeath the point to Titaniasmiley - smiley

Post 6

coelacanth

Ahh! That's so kind. smiley - smiley
I agree - wheelbarrows.
smiley - fish

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thank you GB smiley - hug but you DID post before me...

Post 8

Ottox

As it's Greebo's brother - what a family! - I would think it was smiley - donuts, smiley - donuts and more smiley - donuts....

Hmmm, no, I guess you're right....
Glad to see you again Greebo! smiley - smiley

Post 9

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Wheelbarrows! Oh, too late. smiley - sadface
What does the N stand for?

Post 10

coelacanth

Naughty?
smiley - fish

Post 11

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

He was stealing the building itself, piece by piece, and reassembling it in Greebo's front yard. After all, what could he possibly do with multiple wheelbarrows?

Post 12

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

He was stealing holes. The wheelbarrow had holes in it.

People often underestimate the importance of holes! It has to be a whole hole though, not just half a hole...

Post 13

Hopelessly Paranoid

He was stealing other people's watches... wearing them on his wrists, as was the fashion of the time smiley - winkeye

Well done GB smiley - smiley

[HP}=~~

Post 14

He was stealing holes. The wheelbarrow had holes in it.

People often underestimate the importance of holes! It has to be a whole hole though, not just half a hole...

Post 15

Don't ask me what happened there! smiley - erm

Post 16

GreeboTCat

Well done GB... Wheelbarrows it was... ~grin~... but me thinks that d'Elaphant deserves a half point for a very plausible answer... and it made me grin... ~bigger grin~

Congratulations to you both...

Post 17

Wumbeevil

Why didn't Grobbo just steal two wheelbarrows, one male and one female, and breed them? Do they have a long gestation period, or do they breed as willingly as pandas? If the latter, then obviously he's trying the same solution used by zookeepers in filling them with hardcore.

He might even have got sponsorship by setting up a webcam in the wheelbarrow nest, or made even more money by selling the picture rights to Whello magazine. smiley - chick

Post 18

Hahahaha

Greebo, please! I don't want that point! Please give it to Titania! I want to carry on with the quiz, but I don't want points. I refuse to accept it. I want to help the others attain Championship status, I'm so lonely in that box!
Please, Greebo?
Pretty please?
smiley - donutsmiley - donutsmiley - donutsmiley - milk

Key: Complain about this post