A Conversation for Attraction versus Love?

Attraction

Post 1

Venus In Cornflowers

Well, you certainly know how to write them.smiley - winkeye I feel another Guide entry coming on, I hope.smiley - smiley

I'd be fascinated to read the original article to which you refer. Is it basically about attraction, or does it go further? How would you define love? Love, I think, is an inadequate and misused word to describe a wide variety of different emotions, and feelings towards other people and objects. It would be interesting if you expanded on this aspect in your 'versus' approach (when you can get back in to edit it).

Would you say you can feel attraction to someone you haven't met in person, or is it necessary for both parties to be present? If the feeling you have for someone you've not met physically (but perhaps know through the Internet, as is becoming quite common now) is not attraction, how would you describe it?

smiley - angel

Attraction

Post 2

DenverMan

LOL!

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my work. smiley - smiley

I don't know where I saw that article anymore. I found it on the net somewhere. It's been a couple of years and a few re-installs on my 'puter so the location escapes me.

Love is a many splendored set of emotions. I think there are several varieties of emotions that all get labeled "love". It's kind of like the old saw about the Eskimos and snow. Supposedly they have 37 different words for snow to English's one. I probably ought to retitle this article and call it "Initial Attraction vs Falling in Love" or some such.

Of course I think you can feel attracted to people you haven't actually met. smiley - smiley I think initial attraction is what gets people TO meet and always starts before meeting or talking. I mean, can you remember a time when you became aware of someone and felt that initial spark of attraction? I invite you to notice while you are remembering those feelings and are re-experiencing them just how easy it is to just let yourself go and really begin to enjoy the sensation. Now, with me, I find that when I relax and I allow those memories to loop, it's like you just can't help yourself, you find yourself irresistably compelled to meet the person that initially caught your attention and learn more about them.

ahem, I probably better post this before I get carried away, he said while carefully eyeing the gents in the white smocks and butterfly nets lurking in the corner . . . .

cheers!

Attraction

Post 3

Venus In Cornflowers

smiley - laugh

Another feeling, which perhaps you mentioned, comes to mind... fascination.smiley - smiley

I find I totally agree with what you say there, and am even now slipping my arms into a fetching white jacket with ties at the back...smiley - winkeye

smiley - angel

Attraction

Post 4

DenverMan

Ah yes, fascination. smiley - smiley

It's one of the elements of an ideal attraction don't you agree? What's it like when you remember being a little child and something caught your attention? I bet you found yourself totally absorbed in your new discovery and that it filled your awareness completely.

Attraction

Post 5

Venus In Cornflowers

...and I still share that little child's sense of fascination now.smiley - bigeyes

And... as you so rightly say, it does absorb you completely. Fascination definitely deserves an entry all its own, and whilst I know I am not qualified to write it, I think I know a man who can.smiley - winkeye

smiley - angel

Attraction

Post 6

DenverMan

Good for you.

Too many people let their sense of curiosity, delight and fascination slip away. Sometimes I feel pity for them because they can't or won't look at the world through the eyes of wonder.

,,,, oops, look at the time! I've got to run

Cheers!

Attraction

Post 7

Venus In Cornflowers

It's easy to lose it, but very nice to find it again.smiley - winkeye

Perhaps people don't always know what they've lost, or realise how good it is to discover it once more.smiley - smiley

Time I was gone too. Goodnight.smiley - kiss

smiley - angel

Attraction

Post 8

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Great entry!

smiley - smiley I've read a recent article in national geographics that actually compared the chemical profile of being in love to the people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... apparently it's quite similar. smiley - winkeye

Still attraction is intriguing thing to mull over smiley - smiley

Attraction

Post 9

judee89

HI; JUST WANTED TO SHARE SOMETHING maybe you could help , we were friends for quite sometime now, it come to a point that he told me he is attracted to me, but after a while he wanted to avoid me, like not talking to me like before(we talk 3 hours aday..) ive asked him what is the reason behind, he just told me he wants to help me, and wants to help himself not to fall deeply,..but wait i thought it was clear its just mere ATTRACTION!aight? i dont know now what to do, he is my friend, but i know it went beyond from the time the feelings was spoken.should i just let him go?

hope u could give me some advice..

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Attraction versus Love?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more